July 7, 1959 |
Massapequa, New York, United States
|Partner(s)||Ron Leavitt 1991-2008 (his death)|
Jessica Hahn (born July 7, 1959) is an American model and actress. She is best known for a rape allegation against televangelist Jim Bakker while she was employed as a church secretary. She is also known for her frequent appearances on The Howard Stern Show throughout the late 1980s and into the 2000s.
Jim Bakker scandal
Hahn first came to public attention following Bakker's announcement on March 19, 1987, that he was stepping down as head of PTL and Heritage USA, pending the imminent disclosure of the sexual encounter. According to Hahn, on the afternoon of December 6, 1980, when she was a 21-year-old church secretary, she was drugged and raped by Bakker and another preacher, John Wesley Fletcher, for "about 15 minutes." In his 1997 book, I Was Wrong, Bakker disputed Hahn's account, claiming that he was "set up" and that the sex was consensual.
Acting and modeling career
After the public revelation of the Bakker scandal, Hahn posed for Playboy Magazine (Nov 1987, Dec 1987 & Sept 1988) and videos and appeared in several television shows, including Married... with Children. She was also known for her frequent appearances on The Howard Stern Show throughout the late 1980s and into the 2000s.
Hahn was born in Massapequa, New York. She had a relationship with comedian Sam Kinison and appeared in his music video for "Wild Thing" in 1988. In 1991, she began a relationship with the co-creator of Married...with Children, Ron Leavitt, which continued until Leavitt's death in 2008.
- Hollywood: The Movie (1996) (V) as Esther
- Unhappily Ever After as Miss Taylor (3 episodes, 1995)
- Amanda & the Alien (1995) (TV) as TV Host
- Blossom as Girl #1 (1 episode, 1992)
- Dream On as Reporter 1 (1 episode, 1992)
- Bikini Summer II (1992) as Marilyn
- Married... with Children as Ricki (1 episode, 1991)
- "Brittania Video" directed by Bryan Michael Stoller 1990
- Richard N. Ostling (April 6, 1987). "TV's Unholy Row: A sex-and-money scandal tarnishes electronic evangelism". Time.
- "Magazine Buys Story From Jessica Hahn". The New York Times. July 14, 1987.
- Andrew L. Yarrow (September 28, 1987). "Celebrities of Summer Are Cashing In". New York Times.
- "Church Chat, Season 13: Episode 6, Saturday Night Live transcript". December 5, 1987.
- "Judge Orders Ex-PTL Secretary To Repay Hush Money to Ministry". New York Times. July 21, 1988.
- "Transcript of interview with Larry King". CNN. July 14, 2005.
- "Larry King Live Interview with Jessica Hahn (rush transcript)". CNN. July 14, 2005. Retrieved July 29, 2007.
- Jim Bakker (1997). I Was Wrong: The Untold Story of the Shocking Journey from PTL Power to Prison and Beyond. Thomas Nelson. p. 512. ISBN 978-0-7852-7136-9.
- List of people in Playboy 1980–89#1987
- "Married with Children episode 'So This Is How Sinatra Felt (1991)' trivia". IMDb. 1991. Retrieved 19 July 2012.
- "So why did the LA Times leave Jessica Hahn out of Ron Leavitt's obit?". Tabloid Baby. 12 February 2008. Retrieved 19 July 2012.