|Born||27 February 1994|
|Origin||Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom|
|Years active||2009 – 2016|
Jessica Hammond (born 27 February 1994) is an Irish singer songwriter. Jessica is the winner of the 2010 Northern Ireland Belfast CityBeat competition Young Star Search developed by Stuart Robinson (now Cool FM). Before winning Young Star Search, Jessica Hammond has been a finalist on the Disney Channel UK talent search My Camp Rock in April 2009. She is from Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom.
Jessica Hammond fought off competition from thousands of hopefuls to secure her place in the contest, along with 7 other acts. The show aims to find a young music star aged 8 to 16. She sang Here I Am from the Camp Rock soundtrack at the Camp Jam, Gary Lloyd, Zoe Tyler and R&B star Craig David sat on the judging panel responsible for whittling the finalists down from eight to four, along with the head of Walt Disney Records in Europe, who released the winning track. The Final Jam aired on 24 April 2009. Jessica Hammond has written songs, Try Again, No Doubt, My Boyfriend, Star and Cheater which is just about to receive Radio play on Citybeat Radio. YouTube.
She is currently studying at Ashfield Girls' School.
By age six she was singing, by age 10 Jessica had completed vocalist grades first to third with the British School of Music and by twelve she was playing the guitar. She began playing the saxophone and drums about a year ago "just for fun". She described her music style as rock-pop.
- "Talented girl in music final". Belfast Telegraph. 22 April 2009. Archived from the original on 20 April 2013. Retrieved 20 September 2009.
- "Teenage kicks Jessica books a place in Camp Rock". Belfast Telegraph. 17 March 2009. Retrieved 20 September 2009.
- "Jessica's on a roll as she rocks towards stardom". Belfast Telegraph. 22 April 2009. Retrieved 20 September 2009.
- Smyth, Lisa (18 April 2009). "Jessica drums up support for My Camp Rock final". Belfast Telegraph. Archived from the original on 19 April 2013. Retrieved 18 September 2009.
- Fox, Aine (20 April 2009). "Belfast girl rocks her way to Disney final". Irish News. Retrieved 20 September 2009.
- "Jessica aims to rock her way to musical stardom". The News Letter. 22 April 2009. Retrieved 3 October 2009.
|This article about an Irish musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|