Jessica Hart (model)
Hart at the 2011 Australian Grand Prix
26 March 1986 |
|Height||5 ft 9.5 in (1.77 m)|
|Hair color||Naturally dark brown|
Jessica Hart (born 26 March 1986) is an Australian model who appeared in the 2009 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue. She was born in Sydney, Australia. She was discovered in Melbourne and has appeared on the cover of Australian Vogue.
Early life and discovery
Hart attended Sophia Mundi Steiner School in Abbotsford, Victoria until she was noticed at the age of 15 at a local shopping centre. Another story of her rise to fame has her encouraged by an aunt to enter a modeling competition hosted by Dolly Magazine in 2000. She won the competition with her mother, Rae, and sister, Ashley, as witnesses at Crown Casino. She is known for a gap-tooth smile. Her sister, Ashley Hart, is also a model.
In 2008, she considered a role in an Entourage-like drama alongside Alyssa Sutherland. In May 2009, Australian media reported that Hart had signed on to appear in advertising for Victoria's Secret. With Heidi Klum, Karolina Kurkova and Adriana Lima all pregnant in the fall of 2009, Hart appeared extensively in the season's Victoria's Secret catalogs.
She is represented by Chadwick Models.
Hart was also in a few episodes of MTV's The City during its first season, in which she is shown dating Tamarama band member Nicolas Potts, her long-term boyfriend. She has participated in Tamarama music videos, such as "Everything To Me" (alongside fellow Australian model Miranda Kerr) and "Middle Of A Magazine"
In 2010, Hart walked in the Spring/Summer 2011 shows for Gottex Swimwear, PPQ, Louise Gray, Emilio de la Moreno, Osman, Sass & Bide, Julien MacDonald, Matthew Williamson, Antonio Berardi, Christopher Kane, David Koma, Giles Deacon, Charlie Le Mindu and Jon. In 2012 she became the face of the new Scotch And Soda line Été Blanc for Maison Scotch.
In early 2012, Jessica had a couple of minor accidents - breaking her ankle and then in a separate incident, cutting her foot on glass at a wedding, which led to nerve damage in her foot. This led to Jessica being out of action from the catwalk for a few months.
Hart walked the runway in the annual Victoria's Secret Fashion Show in 2012 and 2013. However, after Hart spoke ill of Taylor Swift's 2013 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show appearance, Swift demanded that Hart not be included in the 2014 Show.
In January 2014, Hart once again graced the cover of Australian Vogue. In February and March, Hart walked for designers including Sonia Rykiel and Rag & Bone at Fall/Winter New York Fashion Week and Paris Fashion Week, appeared alongside Chris O'Dowd on the cover of British GQ and graced the cover of French L'Officiel. Hart also shot campaigns for Victoria's Secret Body and Andrew Marc and walked for Marc Jacobs at Spring/Summer New York Fashion Week. In October, Hart graced the cover of Australian Cosmopolitan and in November, the Greek edition. Hart has also appeared on the cover of Harper's Bazaar (Australia, Greece, Czech Republic), Marie Claire Italia, Elle (Italy, Spain, Australia, Argentina, Serbia), L'Officiel (Paris, Switzerland, Singapore, Turkey, Australia) and shot numerous editorials for American Vogue.
Hart and her then-boyfriend, Tamarama band member and fellow Australian Nicolas Potts, purchased a $1-million one-bedroom property in Manhattan's Battery Park during the summer of 2008. Hart also purchased her mother, Rae, a Holden car for her birthday. Hart and Potts mutually ended their long-term relationship in 2010. Since 2011 she has been dating Stavros Niarchos III, a Greek billionaire.
- "A model Aussie". The Sydney Morning Herald. Fairfax Digital. 31 July 2007. Retrieved 5 February 2009.
- "Jessica Hart". Fashion Model Directory. Fashion Model Directory. Retrieved 12 November 2011.
- "Gap in Guess and Harris Scarfe for Jessica Hart". Herald Sun. The Herald and Weekly Times Ltd. 8 August 2008. Retrieved 5 February 2009.[dead link]
- Lewis, Felicity (29 February 2008). "Model hunter". The Age. Fairfax Digital. Retrieved 5 February 2009.
- Byrne, Fiona (29 June 2008). "Jess takes Hart from exposure". Herald Sun. The Herald and Weekly Times Ltd. Retrieved 5 February 2009.
- "Gallery: Jessica Hart". The Daily Telegraph. News Limited. Retrieved 5 February 2009.
- "Out with the pout". The Age. Melbourne: The Age Company Ltd. 1 September 2007. Retrieved 5 February 2009.
- "Ashley Hart (I) - Fashion Model". FashionModelDirectory.com. Retrieved 2015-12-28.
- "Jessica Hart given Elle of a lift". Herald Sun. The Herald and Weekly Times Ltd. 22 December 2008. Retrieved 5 February 2009.
- "Life's a moving catwalk for Jessica Hart". Herald Sun. The Herald and Weekly Times Ltd. 21 August 2008. Retrieved 5 February 2009.[dead link]
- "Another Aussie signs with Victoria's Secret". National Nine News. ninemsn Pty Ltd. 15 May 2009. Retrieved 19 October 2009.
- "Jessica Hart joins Miranda Kerr in Victoria's Secret". The Daily Telegraph. 15 May 2009. Retrieved 19 October 2009.
- "We Hear . . .". New York Post. 30 September 2009. Retrieved 19 October 2009.
- Cronick, Scott (5 February 2009). "Casinos / Casino Action / 'Hell's Kitchen' debuts - Trop gala benefits chefs". The Press of Atlantic City. Retrieved 21 December 2009.
- "Jessica Hart Profile". Australian Fashion Review. 4 September 2012. Retrieved 8 September 2012.
- "Le défilé Victoria's Secret 2012" (in French). Vogue Paris. 8 November 2012. Retrieved 13 March 2014.
- "Le défilé Victoria's Secret 2013" (in French). Vogue Paris. 14 November 2013. Retrieved 13 March 2014.
- Garvey, Marianne, Brian Niemietz and Oli Coleman (2014-12-03). "Taylor Swift gets model Jessica Hart booted from Victoria's Secret Fashion Show: source". Daily News. Retrieved 2015-01-01.
- Vrajlal, Alicia; Karishma Sarkari (2014-12-02). "Taking things to Hart? Taylor Swift reportedly behind Jessica Hart's catwalk absence at Victoria's Secret show following the model's jibe about the singer last year". Daily Mail. Retrieved 2015-01-01.
- "First look: Jessica Hart for Vogue Australia January 2014". Vogue Australia. 11 December 2013. Retrieved 5 July 2015.
- "Back to her day job: Jessica Hart steps out in a tank top and fur hat after modeling in Paris Fashion Week runway show". Daily Mail UK. 1 March 2014. Retrieved 5 July 2015.
- "Double trouble! Bikini-clad Jessica Hart flaunts her super toned figure as she appears TWICE on GQ magazine cover with Irish funnyman Chris O'Dowd". Daily Mail UK. 5 March 2014. Retrieved 5 July 2015.
- "Victoria’s Secret model Jess Hart ‘unrecognisable’ in Marc Jacobs show in New York". Daily Telegraph Australia. 13 September 2014. Retrieved 5 July 2015.
- "Goddess in green! Jessica Hart sparkles in racy sequined bodysuit on the cover of Cosmopolitan Australia". Daily Mail Australia. 30 August 2014. Retrieved 5 July 2015.
- "White hot! Jessica Hart flaunts her incredible physique TOPLESS for Harper's Bazaar's latest issue". Daily Mail Australia. 12 May 2014. Retrieved 5 July 2015.
- "Showing some skin! Jessica Hart stuns in VERY revealing bandage swimsuit on the cover of L'Officiel Switzerland magazine". Daily Mail Australia. 7 May 2014. Retrieved 5 July 2015.
- "Model Jessica Hart and lover Nicholas Potts buy unit in Manhattan". The Daily Telegraph. News Limited. 21 August 2008. Retrieved 5 February 2009.
- "Top of the crops! Jessica Hart flaunts her trim midriff in a tiny white crochet top as she steps out with billionaire boyfriend Stavros Niarchos III". Caitlin Jinks for Daily Mail Australia. DailyMail. 5 September 2014.