|Member of Parliament
6 May 2010 – 30 March 2015
|Preceded by||Liz Blackman|
|Succeeded by||Maggie Throup|
7 April 1976 |
Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, England
|Alma mater||Royal Holloway, University of London; College of Law|
Jessica Katherine Lee (born 7 April 1976) was a British Conservative Party politician. She was elected as the Member of Parliament (MP) for the constituency of Erewash in Derbyshire in 2010. She served as Parliamentary Private Secretary to the Attorney General, Dominic Grieve, before stepping down for the 2015 general election.
Lee was born in Nottingham on 7 April 1976, educated at Loughborough High School and Royal Holloway, University of London, where she graduated with a degree in History & Politics in 1997 and served as Chair of the college's Conservative Students Society. She was the first person from her family to go to university.
At the 2005 general election, Lee stood as a parliamentary candidate for the Conservative Party in Camberwell and Peckham, finishing third with 9.8% of the vote in a constituency won by the incumbent Labour Party MP Harriet Harman.
Lee was elected to the House of Commons as MP for Erewash in the 2010 general election with a majority of 2,501. After her victory was confirmed, she said: "I feel privileged, honoured, slightly overwhelmed. I mean it when I say I will do my best to serve everyone in Erewash, whether they voted for me or not". Lee has campaigned enthusiastically for the opening of a railway station in Ilkeston and has raised the issue in the House of Commons.
- The London Gazette: . 13 May 2010.
- http://www.erewashconservatives.org.uk/person/jessica-lee-mp Erewash Conservatives – Jessica Lee MP
- Election highs for Royal Holloway alumni, accessed 24 November 2012
- "Jessica Lee". The Conservative Party. Retrieved 14 November 2012.
- "Camberwell and Peckham". The Guardian. Retrieved 7 May 2010.
- "Erewash". BBC News. Retrieved 8 May 2010.
- Hemmett, Peter (7 May 2010). "Election results video: Jessica Lee wins Erewash back for the Conservatives". Ilkeston Advertiser. Retrieved 7 May 2010.
- Jessica Lee MP official constituency website
- Contributions in Parliament at Hansard 1803–2005
- Voting record at Public Whip
- Record in Parliament at TheyWorkForYou
- Profile at Westminster Parliamentary Record
|Parliament of the United Kingdom|
|Member of Parliament for Erewash