|Born||1987 (age 34–35)|
|Alma mater||Massachusetts Institute of Technology|
|Occupation||Founder and CTO of Pilot.com, Inc., author|
McKellar was an early employee and engineering manager at Ksplice, which was acquired by Oracle in 2011. In 2012, McKellar co-founded Zulip, a chat software company. In 2014, the company was acquired by Dropbox. She has spoken at several conferences about outreach efforts to increase the diversity of open-source communities.
From 2012 to 2014, she was a director of the Python Software Foundation. In 2013, McKellar won the O'Reilly Open Source Award for her contributions to Python. In 2016, McKellar won the Women in Open Source Community Award, awarded by Red Hat. She is a contributor to Twisted, a networking framework for Python. From 2014 to 2017, she was a Director of Engineering and the chief of staff to the VP of Engineering at Dropbox.
Jessica was a Senior Technical Advisor on the HBO show Silicon Valley.
- Jessica McKellar. ".@adamfblahblah and I got married! Our universal logic gate rings (NAND = me, NOR = him)". Twitter.
- Root, Lynn (October 15, 2013). "When open source invests in diversity, everyone wins". opensource.com.
- McKellar, Jessica (June 2010). Monitoring the health of an open source project : a case study (Thesis). M.I.T. Master of Engineering thesis. hdl:1721.1/61174.
- Piro, Nicholas; Figueroa, Joshua; McKellar, Jessica; Cummins, Christopher (1 September 2006). "Triple-Bond Reactivity of Diphosphorus Molecules". Science. 313 (5791): 1276–1279. Bibcode:2006Sci...313.1276P. doi:10.1126/science.1129630. PMID 16946068. S2CID 27740669.
- "This Is What Impactful Engineering Leadership Looks Like". First Round Review. First Round Capital. Retrieved March 19, 2015.
- Perez, Sarah (March 17, 2014). "Dropbox Acquires Zulip, A Stealthy Workplace Chat Solution Still In Private Beta". TechCrunch.
- Daley, Noelle (August 11, 2014). "Q&A with Upcoming FutureTalk Speaker Jessica McKellar".
- Daley, Noelle (August 28, 2014). "Python, The Next Generation: A FutureTalk with Jessica McKellar [Video]".
- "History of PSF Officers & Directors". Retrieved March 19, 2015.
- "O'Reilly Open Source Awards (2013)". July 26, 2013.
- Curtin, Brian (August 5, 2013). "Congratulations to Jessica McKellar, O'Reilly Open Source Award Recipient". Python Software Foundation News.
- "Women in Open Source Awards". Retrieved Feb 3, 2018.
- McKellar, Jessica; Fettig, Abe. Twisted Network Programming Essentials (2nd ed.). O'Reilly Media.
- "Jessica McKellar". Techies Project. Retrieved 7 April 2016.
- "Jessica McKellar". IMDb. Retrieved 7 April 2016.
- "Pilot raises $15M to bring bookkeeping into the modern era". TechCrunch.