This biography of a living person relies too much on references to primary sources. (August 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Marblehead, Massachusetts, US
|Occupation||journalist, magazine writer|
|Title||Contributing editor at New York|
Jessica Pressler is an American journalist and contributing editor at New York magazine. She became the co-editor of the Daily Intel blog in 2007 after working as a staff writer at Philadelphia magazine and as a freelancer for celebrity magazines. At New York, she has written extensively on “the culture of wealth and money,” interviewing Wall Street CEOs such as Goldman Sachs Lloyd Blankfein and AIG CEO Robert Benmosche about their firms involvement in the 2008 financial crisis. Pressler has also profiled New York personalities Lynn Tilton and Anthony Scaramucci. Her features about the feud between Chris Burch and Tory Burch and the culture of Silicon Valley laundry startups have appeared in Best American Business Writing’s 2013 and 2015 editions, respectively.
In 2014, Pressler wrote a story about a Stuyvesant High School senior who had allegedly made $72 million trading stocks, which was later revealed to be not true. Bloomberg News rescinded a job offer made to her for their investigative unit after the student confessed he had "made the whole thing up". Pressler was nominated for a National Magazine Award in 2016 for her story about strippers who manipulated money out of their clients. The story is being adapted into a full-length feature film by Gloria Sanchez Productions. The film is titled Hustlers; it stars Constance Wu and Jennifer Lopez, and is due to be released in 2019. 
In 2018, she wrote a story about New York City high society grifter, Anna Sorokin, which is being developed into a series by Netflix and Shonda Rhimes. Pressler has also written for GQ, Elle, Esquire and Smithsonian. She was a regular Gossip Girl episode recap writer for Vulture website, and made an appearance as a New York magazine editor in one of its episodes.
Pressler lives in Queens.
- "Jessica Pressler on New York, "millennium girls" and the love story that wasn't". Nieman Foundation at Harvard. October 28, 2011.
- Magazine article archives by Jessica Pressler:
- "Jessica Pressler leaves New York for Bloomberg News". Politico.com. December 8, 2014.
- "Best American Business Writing 2015".
- "Best American Business Writing 2013".
- "It's Too Bad. And I Don't Mean Too Bad Like, Screw Em". New York magazine.
- "Lloyd Blankfein vs the Haters". CNBC.
- "The Randian and the Bailout". New York magazine.
- "What Does it Take For a Female Tycoon to Get Noticed Around Here?". New York magazine.
- "Lynn Tilton: The Wildest Woman in American Business". CNBC.
- "The Mooch is His Own Afflac Duck". New York magazine.
- "For Wall Streeters Who Bet Long On Trump, It's Bonus Time". New York magazine.
- "His. Hers". New York magazine.
- "Let's Like, Demolish Laundry". New York magazine.
- Pompeo, Joe (December 19, 2014). "Jessica Pressler staying at New York". Politico.
- Eugenios, Jillian (December 19, 2014). "Reporter behind story of $72 million teen trader stays at NY Mag". CNN Business.
- Kurson, Ken (December 15, 2014). "EXCLUSIVE: New York Mag's Boy Genius Investor Made It All Up". Observer.
- "Bloomberg Rescinded Offer To Writer Jessica Pressler After New York Magazine Hoax". The Huffington Post. December 20, 2014.
- "The Hustlers at Scores". New York magazine.
- Arana, Gabriel (January 14, 2016). "New York Mag Leads Pack With 9 National Magazine Award Nominations". The Huffington Post.
- "Will Ferrell, Adam McKay, Megan Ellison & Annapurna Team on Hustlers at Scores". Variety.
- "Stripper Robin Hood Story 'The Hustlers at Scores' in the Works at Gloria Sanchez". The Hollywood Reporter.
- Zemler, Emily (July 17, 2019). "See Jennifer Lopez, Cardi B Scam Bankers in Trailer for 'Hustlers'". Rolling Stone. Retrieved July 21, 2019.
- "Maybe She Had So Much Money She Just Lost Track of It". New York.
- Tolentino, Jia (June 5, 2018). "The Fiends and Folk Heroes of Grifter Season". The New Yorker.
- Birnbaum, Debra (June 8, 2018). "Shonda Rhimes Sets Anna Delvey Series as First Netflix Project". Variety.
- Sandberg, Bryn (June 8, 2018). "Shonda Rhimes Sets Anna Delvey Series as First Netflix Project". The Hollywood Reporter.
- "Watch Our Gossip Girl Recapper's GG Cameo". vulture.com. October 16, 2012. Retrieved August 28, 2018.
- "About Jessica Pressler". JessicaPressler.com.