|First appearance||Spawn #61 (May 1, 1997)|
|Created by||Todd McFarlane|
Jessica Priest is a fictional character from the Spawn universe. Specifically, Priest serves as a substitute in the Spawn film for Chapel, Al Simmons's killer in the comic book. Priest was played by Melinda Clarke in the film.
The character of Chapel (originally from the comic book series Youngblood) could not be used in the Spawn movie because the rights to the character were owned by Rob Liefeld. McFarlane created Priest as a replacement for Chapel in the movie and later had Priest retconned to be Spawn's killer in the comic as well. Some of her background is revealed in Curse of the Spawn #12-14.
In other media
- Priest was portrayed by Melinda Clarke the 1997 film adaptation Spawn. The character also appeared in the video game Spawn: In the Demon's Hand, voiced by Erin McMurphy. The film was meant for her to return as another Spawn; however, the film didn't have time and the budget so they cancelled the idea of Priest becoming a Spawn.
- Priest has been the basis for several action figures by McFarlane Toys based on the movie and comic character.
- Ebert, Roger (August 1, 1997). "Serious art Stunning visuals born in `Spawn'". Chicago Sun-Times – via HighBeam Research (subscription required).
- Alan McElroy (w), Dwayne Turner (p), Danny Miki (i). "Todd McFarlane" Curse of the Spawn 12 (1998), Image
- Szadkowski, Joseph (November 18, 2000). "Spawn Fights to Regain His Humanity after Death". The Washington Times – via HighBeam Research (subscription required).
- Moen, Justin (3 September 2010). Toys & Prices 2011. Iola, Wisconsin: Krause Publications. pp. 106–107. ISBN 1-4402-1653-3.
|This article about an Image Comics character is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|