||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (July 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Jessica Sutta 2011
|Birth name||Jessica Lynn Sutta|
|Also known as||J Sutta|
|Born||Miami, Florida, U.S.|
|Occupation(s)||Singer, dancer, song writer, actress|
|Associated acts||Pussycat Dolls|
Jessica Lynn Sutta, also known as J Sutta, is an American singer, dancer, songwriter and actress. She is best known as a member of the American pop girl group and dance ensemble, the Pussycat Dolls. She left the group in January 2010 to embark on her solo career. Sutta's debut single, "Show Me", reached number one on the Billboard Dance Club Songs Chart in the United States. Her official debut solo album I Say Yes, was released on March 3, 2017.
Life and career
Sutta was born in Miami, Florida on May 15, 1982. Her mother is of Irish descent and of Catholic faith and her father is Jewish (of Russian, Romanian and Polish origin). She grew up in Cutler Bay, Florida with two older brothers, Billy and Kevin. She started dance classes at the age of three. She was a child model in a dance wear catalog/magazine in Miami called Star Style. Sutta studied dance at Miami City Ballet in Miami Beach, Florida. At New World School of the Arts, she studied dance. She tore the ACL on both knees and switched to theater studies, before returning to dance. She joined the NBA's cheerleading squad Miami Heat in 1999 and became captain in 2001.
2003–2010: Pussycat Dolls and solo career beginnings
In 2003, she moved to L.A. and three months later was on a dance audition for a PSA involving Smokey Bear when she came to the attention of choreographer Robin Antin, who cast her with the Pussycat Dolls in 2003.
From the moment Sutta joined the Pussycat Dolls, she says: "This is where I always wanted to be. I thought the Pussycat Dolls were genius. I am so blessed to be a part of this group." Sutta sang co-lead along with Carmit Bachar and Ashley Roberts in the "Stickwitu" single B-side, "Santa Baby". After the departure of Bachar from the group, Sutta took the parts that Bachar used to sing, and co-leads with Melody. Sutta also recorded a solo song, "If I Was a Man", for the Deluxe Edition of the Dolls' second studio album Doll Domination. The song is produced by Smidi, Ron Fair, and Stefanie Ridel.
During the hiatus of the Pussycat Dolls in 2007, Sutta was featured on two tracks, "Make It Last" and "White Lies". Both managed to chart on the Hot Dance Club Play chart, reaching the top three while "White Lies" was successful in Europe. It made Sutta the second artist to have two concurrent top 10 Club Play singles. "White Lies" peaked at No. 1 for four weeks on Billboard's Hot Dance Singles Sales chart.
On January 29, 2010, Sutta revealed she had decided to leave the group. In an interview with E! Online Sutta revealed that she broke a rib while on tour with the group and the group's management failed to provide her with any accommodation, so the "almost homeless" singer had to crash on a friend's couch as she recovered from a broken rib. In Life & Style magazine she stated: "I basically felt like nothing more than a glorified back-up dancer after seven years with the group. I wasn't feeling like I was growing in the situation. It was something I had to do. Breaking my rib is what sent me over the edge." Sutta told MTV News that she had the blessing of the Dolls to step out on her own. "They were really supportive of me. It was a big decision, but it was the best decision." She also said she can be her own woman.
2010–present: Solo career development, SuttaPop, Feline Resurrection and I Say Yes
On September 19, 2010, she released her first solo single, "I Wanna Be Bad", which she wrote and produced with Tearce Keaz. On September 24, 2010, she debuted the song at the West Hollywood Gay bar, Here Lounge. On October 18, 2010, the music video for the single directed by Frank E. Flowers, premiered on Radar Online. On December 26, 2010, she debuted and performed two new tracks titled, "Good Boy" and "Jack in the Box", at the Dolphins vs. Lions Game at Sun Life Stadium in Miami, Florida. On March 3, 2011, she revealed a collaboration with DJ Erick Morillo on a track titled "Pin-up Girl". The song was written by VASSY & Jamie Hartman, and produced by Morillo, Harry Romero and José Nunez. It also features American rapper Stone Wallace. On March 27, 2011, she performed the track alongside Wallace and Morillo at Ultra Music Festival.
Cedric Gervai's, "Where Ever U Are." which features Sutta was released on August 2, 2011 and appears on Gervais' album Miamication. On June 3, 2011, she announced on Twitter that she had signed to "Hollywood Records", home to several Disney artists. Jessica's official first single "Show Me" appears as a bonus track on Now That's What I Call Music! Vol. 39, which was released on August 9, 2011. "Show Me" premiered on Idolator on August 3, 2011. The video premiered on Saturday, August 6 on ABC Family. Following that, the song became available digitally on August 23. The song peaked at number one on the Hot Dance Club Songs in the United States, becoming Sutta's first number-one single as a solo artist. She is currently working on her debut solo album, Sutta Pop, which currently does not have a release date.
In 2012, she performed at various corporate and other performance venues, achieving critical acclaim for her performance at Chicago's Halsted Market Days. In June 2012, Sutta revealed to The Morning Show that she was working with RedOne on her upcoming album. On August 5, 2012, Sutta announced that she was planning to release, "Make It Loud", as her second single in September of the same year. However, the single was not released. On October 6, 2012, Sutta revealed on Ustream that she was no longer working with RedOne and had left Hollywood Records. On December 13, 2012, Sutta revealed that she would be releasing new music in early 2013.
In February 2013, Sutta announced the release of her new single called "Again" in March.It was released on March 26 via Citrusonic Stereophonic."Again" peaked at number 4 on the Hot Dance Club Songs in the United States. The song received fan and media praise, while Billboard Magazine called "Again" an intriguing next step. The third promotional single "Lights Out" was released via Citrusonic Stereophoic on August 20, with a bright, glow in the dark lyric video. It later peaked at number 3 on the Hot Dance Club Songs in United States.
Sutta continued to put various singles out and stay active throughout 2014-2015 and reached the top of the Hot Dance Charts once again as a featured artist on Dave Aude's cover of "Gonna Get U". In February 2016 she released what has arguably been her most successful mainstream single yet titled "Forever" The song received radio play nationally and Sutta was the #1 Independent artist for 4 weeks straight on the Top 40 Radio Chart peaking at #56 and #57 on Rhythmic. In the same year Sutta released her album Feline Resurrection, composed of discards from her first official album I Say Yes, via Premier League Music. She released one new song from the mixtape for free download every Friday from April 8 to June 9, 2016, starting with the first track “I Tried” with a total of 17 tracks.
"Forever" premiered on more than 15 media outlets internationally including Bustle, Idolator, The Sun (U.K.), Galore, EDM Sauce, Fox News Magazine, Perez Hilton, EDM Tunes and more. The single was also featured on Spotify's 'Weekend Buzz' playlist and iTunes 'Top Track This Week' in Pop. The single's video  was released exclusively on VEVO's homepage on March 21, 2016 and reached 1.17 million views within the first two weeks. The "Forever" remix features rapper Meek Mill on her forthcoming solo album I Say Yes which debuted on March 3, 2017.
Sutta plays the woman who was abused by her husband in Ana Johnsson's music video for "Don't Cry for Pain". As a freelance dancer, she appeared in music videos for Will Smith ("Miami"), Baby Bash ("Suga Suga"), Craig David ("Spanish") and Gloria Estefan ("Don't Let This Moment End"), among others.
As an actress, she was part of the original cast in the Swedish American soap opera known as Ocean Ave., alongside Megan Fox, where she played Jody Starr, a pill-poppin' Gothic teenager. She has also appeared in the movie From Justin to Kelly, a 2003 American romantic comedy musical film, and Bully where she played Blonde. Sutta had a brief role in the 2003 film Bad Boys II. She was also hosting a show for a Miami-based cable network called "SoBe in the Night". In 2007, she appeared on an episode of the game show Identity in disguise as a Pussycat Doll.
In 2007, Sutta appeared in a series of video ads on MySpace for Unilever's Axe body spray, as part of their 'Bom Chicka Wah Wah' campaign. The ads took the form of instructional dance videos, with Sutta displaying 'sexy' dance moves. In 2010, Sutta appeared in FHM Magazine's "100 Sexiest Women in the World", ranking at #71. Sutta is a supporter of gay rights. In December 2010, she appeared in the YouTube video for-profit LGBT for-profit company FCKH8 and a play on the NOH8 campaign, of which she also shot a photo for.
In 2011, Sutta appeared in Capra's music video for their new song "If I Was". Sutta also guest featured in "HAHA,JK!", an online hidden-camera show, in a webisode titled "The Assistant", that stars Comedian Jamie Kennedy. Sutta was a guest judge on the sixth episode in the 19th cycle of America's Next Top Model.
In 2016, Sutta headlined the second annual Babes for Boobs bachelor auction benefitting Susan G. Komen L.A. alongside hosts Kelly Osbourne, The Insider's Michael Yo and Dancing with the Stars' Kym Johnson. She also headlined the Main Stage at San Francisco Pride and paid tribute to the victims and families of the Orlando nightclub shooting.
|2002||Ocean Ave.||Jody Starr|
|2003||From Justin to Kelly||Bracelet Girl|
|Bad Boys II||Prostitute|
|2008||Pussycat Dolls Present: Girlicious||Herself|
|2009||The Truth About Angels||Herself|
|2010||The Search for Shangela's Best Dance Crew||Guest judge|
|2012||America's Next Top Model||Herself|
||This section of a biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|2007||"White Lies" (Paul van Dyk featuring Jessica Sutta)||Lucy Adams||In Between|
|2010||"I Wanna Be Bad"||Frank E. Flowers||SuttaPop|
|2011||"Pin-Up Girl"||Eugene Riecansky|
|2012||"In a Box" (Jessica Sutta & bb)||-|
|2013||"Again" (featuring Kemal Golden)||Ryan Rabih Zeidan|
|2015||"Let It Be Love" (featuring Rico Love)||Jose Hernandez|
|"Let It Be Love" (Remix)|
|"Damn! (I Wish I Was Your Lover)"|
|2016||"Forever"||-||I Say Yes|
|"Bottle B!tch"||-||Feline Resurrection|
|"Get Lost"||-||I Say Yes|
- facebook. "J Sutta - I Say Yes". Facebook. January 27, 2017. Retrieved January 29, 2017.
- ""Inside every woman is a Pussycat Doll," says Robin Antin" (PDF). William Morris Endeavor. Interscope Records. Archived from the original (PDF) on December 7, 2008. Retrieved 2010-06-22.
- "Kanye's King of the Billboard 200 With 957,000". Billboard. Nielsen Business Media, Inc. 2007-09-19. Retrieved 2010-05-21.
- "Jessica Sutta Bitter About Leaving Pussycat Dolls, Is Jealous of Nicole Scherzinger". Starpulse.com. 2010-01-30. Archived from the original on February 4, 2010. Retrieved 2010-06-22.
- "Former Pussycat Doll: how I lost it all". Life & Style. Bauer. 2010-01-29. Archived from the original on May 12, 2010. Retrieved 2010-05-21.
- "Wanna be Bad" out on itunes 10.19.10". Retrieved May 23, 2012.
- "Jessica Sutta – I Wanna Be Bad (Here Lounge Performance)". Retrieved May 23, 2012.
- "Heading to truck stop...". Retrieved May 23, 2012.
- "EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Former Pussycat Doll Jessica Sutta Goes Solo, Sings 'I Wanna Be Bad'". Retrieved May 23, 2012.
- "Video Premiere in 30 minutes". Retrieved May 23, 2012.
- "So excited about my show". Retrieved May 23, 2012.
- "Jessica Sutta – Jack in the Box 26.12.10". Retrieved May 23, 2012.
- "Pin-up Girl Single". Retrieved May 23, 2012.
- "BensBrother News..February 2011.. Goo Goo Dolls, Pussycat Dolls, Baby Dolls and Pin-up Girls...". Bens Brother. Archived from the original on July 7, 2011. Retrieved 2010-08-06.
- "Ultra Music Fest Miami". MTV. Retrieved 2010-08-06.
- "iTunes – Music – Where Ever U Are (feat. Jessica Sutta) – Single by Cedric Gervais". Itunes.apple.com. 2011-08-02. Retrieved 2012-03-28.
- "Cedric Gervais feat. Jessica Sutta – 'Where Ever U Are ' | MP3 Download at DJTUNES". Djtunes.com. 2011-03-22. Retrieved 2012-03-28.
- "Where Ever U Are – Cedric Gervais feat Jessica Sutta". iTunes. Retrieved 2010-08-06.
- "Woke up did a radio interview..". Retrieved May 21, 2012.
- "Now Thats What I Call Music Vol 39". American Superstar Mag. Retrieved 2010-08-06.
- "Jessica Sutta – Show Me-Premiere". Idelator. Retrieved 2010-08-06.
- "Jessica Sutta – Show Me-Video Premiere ABC Family". ABC Family. Retrieved 2010-08-06.
- "Former Pussycat Doll, Jessica Sutta, Signs With Hollywood Records". Disney Info Net. Retrieved 2010-08-06.
- "'Show Me' the No. 1: Former Pussycat Doll Jessica Sutta Tops Dance Chart". Billboard. 2009-09-14. Retrieved 2012-03-28.
- "Jessica Sutta – Sexy Siren". Archived from the original on January 4, 2014. Retrieved May 23, 2012.
- "Jessica Sutta eyes May release for ‘Sutta Pop’". Retrieved May 23, 2012.
- "Jessica Sutta at Market Days on August 11, 2012". Chicago.gopride.com. 2012-08-11. Archived from the original on March 23, 2014. Retrieved 2014-06-05.
- "The Morning Show : Jessica Sutta's solo success". Retrieved October 11, 2012.
- "September!! I'm shooting a video in a week or so! Can't WAIT to release it!!". Retrieved October 11, 2012.
- "The Jessica Sutta Show! on USTREAM 6.10.2012 - PART1". Retrieved October 11, 2012.
- "I am so happy to announce that I have new music out in early 2013". Retrieved December 22, 2012.
- "iTunes - Music - Again (feat. Kemal Golden) [Radio Edit] - Single by Jessica Sutta". Itunes.apple.com. 2013-03-26. Retrieved 2014-06-05.
- Luis Gonzalez (2013-08-20). "Listen to "Lights Out" by Jessica Sutta ‹ EQ Music Blog". Eqmusicblog.com. Retrieved 2014-06-05.
- KOERNER, ALLYSON (March 21, 2016). "Former Pussycat Doll J Sutta Can’t Wait For PCD Fans To Check Out Her New Solo Sound". www.bustle.com. Retrieved 2016-08-10.
- "Pussycat Dolls O.G. J Sutta Has a New Single: 11 Things You Need to Know". January 29, 2016.
- "J Sutta - EDM Sauce".
- "Listen To This: To Infinity!".
- austingoldman (March 30, 2016). "J Sutta - Forever [Official Music Video] - EDMTunes".
- JessicaSuttaVEVO (March 21, 2016). "J Sutta - Forever" – via YouTube.
- "See All My Bom Chicka Wah Wah!". My Space. Archived from the original on March 14, 2008. Retrieved 2010-08-06.
- "FHM Hot 100 2011 Girls". Toronto Pics. Retrieved 2010-08-06.
- "It’s finally here! CAPRA – "If I Was" Music Video". Capra Music Online. Retrieved 2010-08-06.[permanent dead link]
- "Jamie Kennedy Teams with engage:BDR to Produce Online Incarnation of Jamie Kennedy Hidden Camera Show". Prweb.com. Retrieved 2012-03-28.
- "The CW to debut next 'Top Model' on Feb. 29, cast and twist revealed" October 2, 2012 , realitytvworld.com
- "SoBe Real (2011)". imdb.comaccessdate=2010-08-23.
- ""White Lies" Music Video". MTV. Retrieved 2010-06-27.
- Iacuzzi, Frances (2010-10-20). "Jessica Sutta: the Making of ‘I Wanna Be Bad’". WordPress. Retrieved 2010-10-31.
- Jessica Sutta new video > director Idcri
- "Jessica Sutta ‘Show Me’ by Skinny". Promo News. Retrieved 2011-09-03.
- ""Again" Lyrics Video". VIBE. Retrieved 2013-04-08.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jessica Sutta.|