|Birth name||Jessica Eden Malakouti|
|Also known as||Jessie Malakouti
Jessie and the Toy Boys
March 30, 1989 |
Anaheim, California, U.S.
2006–2009: Career beginnings with Shut Up Stella
At age 16, Malakouti emancipated herself from her parents, graduated high school two years early, and moved to Hollywood to pursue her show business dreams.
Soon after arriving in Hollywood, Malakouti started an all-female band called Shut Up Stella, which signed with Epic Records in 2006. Shut Up Stella's music appeared in a variety of media between 2007–2008; "Watch Me Rain" was featured in MTV's Super Sweet 16: The Movie and "Welcome to My Party" appeared in the 2008 films Girl, Positive and Baby Mama. On March 27, 2008 Shut Up Stella was dropped by Epic and Malakouti decided to go solo.
The result of this time was a single called "Standing Up for the Lonely"  which was released on British dance label Ministry of Sound. "Standing Up for the Lonely" also appeared in The Annual 2010 (2009, Ministry of Sound) and Dance Nation 2 (2009, Ministry of Sound) compilation albums.
2010–2013: Jessie and the Toy Boys and other projects
Jessie and the Toy Boys was launched in March 2010 with the first single "Push It" being released in February 2011 which peaked at 7 on the Billboard dance chart. As well as "Push It", on the same day, "Valentine" and "We Own the Night" were also released. These songs were used by The CW in their general promos for the network, as well as the station's written "motto" in their station promos.
In June 2011, Jessie and the Toy Boys released an EP titled Show Me Your Tan Lines, and Malakouti made her network television debut on the Conan O'Brien Show. During this time, Jessie and the Toy Boys was one of the opening acts during Britney Spears' sixth concert tour, the Femme Fatale Tour. During this time she recorded her next single, "Lets Get Naughty" which was released in October 2011 and performed on Femme Fatale Tour. Malakouti was a main stage act alongside Kaskade, Rusko, Steve Aoki, and Avicii on the Identity Festival. Jessie and the Toy Boys' debut album This Is How Rumours Start was due out in early 2012 but has failed to surface. Although there was no album release, Malakouti released a few YouTube videos of unreleased songs during 2012 as well as a music video for "On with My Bad Self" (under the name Jessie Malakouti and the Toy Boys), but none of the songs were later officially released.
In May 2013, Malakouti released a music video for what was originally a Toy Boys song, "White Girl Wasted" under her real name, Jessie Malakouti. This sparked rumors that she would no longer be releasing music under the name Jessie and the Toy Boys. On September 27, 2013, Malakouti uploaded a picture via her Facebook page confirming that she had signed a new recording contract with Virgin Records. Along with a new record deal, Malakouti would be re-branding herself again with a new name as well, Eden xo, derived from her middle name.
2014–present: Eden xo, "Too Cool to Dance," and "The Weekend"
On June 2, 2014, Malakouti released her debut single under the name Eden xo, "Too Cool to Dance". An accompanying "homemade GIF video" was released the same day as the song premiered on iTunes. On July 23, a lyric video to the song was released onto the official Vevo channel for Eden xo and an accompanying audio video was released on August 14. Throughout August and September, Malakouti released a series of remixes of "Too Cool to Dance" on her SoundCloud page. The official music video for "Too Cool to Dance" was released on September 17, 2014 on Vevo.
"Too Cool to Dance" was featured in 2014's 4th annual National Dance Day. So You Think You Can Dance producer and judge Nigel Lythgoe choreographed a special routine to the song and encouraged the public to submit their own dance videos performing the routine.
On February 16, 2015, Malakouti debuted her next single, titled "The Weekend", on JustJared.com. Later that day, her official Vevo account uploaded live versions of "Too Cool to Dance" and "The Weekend", revealing that she was their next Vevo DSCVR artist. "The Weekend" was then made available for purchase on iTunes and Amazon on February 17, 2015. On February 23, Eden xo performed on Good Morning America to promote her latest single "The Weekend". She also confirmed via her Twitter account that her debut EP is titled "Dirty Blonde" and will be released in 2015.
Malakouti shot the music video for "The Weekend" on May 2, 2015 and streamed the behind-the-scenes happenings live on the Periscope app. YouTube personality Ricky Dillon appears in the video. Pop singer-songwriter Bonnie McKee appears as "CinderHella." The music video premiered on July 24 on Snapchat's The Snap Channel. The next day, Malakouti uploaded the video to her non-Vevo Youtube account.
|2013||One Life to Live||Dusky||Recurring role|
- The Work Tour (The Saturdays) (2009)
- Femme Fatale Tour (Britney Spears) (2011)
- Identity Festival (2011)
- [ "Pop's Next Big Thing Jessie and the Toy Boys"]
- [ "Shut Up Stella Split Up After Being Dropped By Epic"], Popdirt.com, March 29, 2008.
- [ Songs from the show, episode 407], MTV.com
- [ Songs from the show, episode 409], MTV.com
- [ Xenomania's new crop of pop stars], BBC News online, September 11, 2009.
- [ "Listen: Jessie Malakouti - Who's That Man and Jungle Town"]
- [ "Jessie Malakouti Stands Up for The Lonely"]
- [ "Listen: Jessie Malakouti Who's That Man and Jungle Town"]
- "Photos From Thursday, 06/09/11". Teamcoco. 2013-09-20. Retrieved 2014-06-02.
- "Britney Spears To Tour With Nicki Minaj". MTV. 2011-04-12. Retrieved 2014-06-02.
- "Britney Spears' Official Femme Fatale Tour Lineup and On-Sale Dates". Popdust. April 12, 2011. Retrieved 2014-06-02.
- Young, Alex (2011-09-10). "Identity Festival 2011". Consequence of Sound. Retrieved 2014-06-02.
- "Exclusive Q&A: Jessie and the Toy Boys Play Around With ‘This Is How Rumors Start’". Ourstage.com. 2012-01-10. Retrieved 2014-06-02.
- "Jessie Malakouti White Girl Wasted Video Premiere"
- "EDEN - Jessie Malakouti". Facebook. Retrieved 2014-06-02.
- "Too Cool to Dance – Single". iTunes Store. Apple. July 2, 2014. Retrieved January 21, 2015.
- "Eden xo Drops Bubbly Video for Too Cool to Dance. Watch:"
- "Millennium Stage: National Dance Day 2014"
- "Eden xo & Lil Jon Team Up For 'The Weekend' Remix: Exclusive Premiere"
- "Exclusive Premiere: Eden xo Debuts Colorful Lyric Video for 'The Weekend'"
- "Eden xo - The Weekend (Lyric Video)"
- Eden xo - The Weekend (Official Video) - Youtube
- Dwyane Wade discovered Dubsmash and then lip-synced songs about the weekend
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Eden xo.|