This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (September 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Occupation||Writer, marketer, CEO of Paul Writer, marketing consultant|
|Known for||Author of No Money Marketing, |
former CMO of Wipro,
Jessie Paul is a marketing expert, founder and CEO of the marketing advisory firm Paul Writer Strategic Advisory, public speaker and the author of the book No Money Marketing. She was formerly Chief Marketing Officer of Wipro IT Business and Global Brand Manager at Infosys Technologies Ltd. She is also an independent director in the board of directors with SQS India BFSI Limited, public company listed in both Bombay Stock Exchange(BSE) and NSE.
Jessie Paul holds a bachelor's degree in Computer Science and an Engineering degree from National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli, which she pursued after turning down her first marriage proposal at the age of 18 and an MBA in Marketing from Indian Institute of Management Calcutta.
After graduating from NIT, she joined the technology design firm, Tata Elxsi, as a trainer as part of the sales support team. While working here, she discovered her flair and passion for marketing and event management.
Paul was part of Wipro for four and a half years as chief marketing officer. At Wipro, she was instrumental in globalizing Wipro's marketing team. As the Head of Marketing in Wipro, where she was leading a team of 50, she was able to put into practice everything that she learnt about leadership and management as an MBA student. She was also the one who raised the representation of women in the marketing department- from just 12 percent when she joined to 50 percent when she quit. She also created the shared-marketing unit for Wipro Technologies and Wipro Infotech, besides devising strategies to build the Wipro brand. She wrote the book No Money Marketing (ISBN 9780070152700) on frugal marketing.
She started working for Infosys in 1998, post IIM. She was a Global Brand Manager and was responsible for projecting Infosys as a global brand along with Marketing and Communications. She was the head of the team that set up the marketing department in the company and established the necessary infrastructure and processes. She also wrote the company manuals. Her role at Infosys included field marketing program like the Wharton Infosys Business Transformation Award, which she anchored. This program also Infosys the US-based IT Services Marketing Association’s Diamond Award. She was also part of the team which was involved in the NASDAQ listing of Infosys’ American Depositary Shares in 1999.
Her goal of becoming a Chief Marketing Officer of a Fortune 1000 company by the age of 35 was still unaccomplished. So she left Infosys to join a start-up back-office firm Quintant Corporation in 2003 as its Global Marketing Head. Quintant was soon after acquired by iGate Corp. She worked for Quintant-iGate for two years and then she finally got the big break she was aiming for- Chief Marketing Officer at Wipro in 2005.
In 2009 December, she quit Wipro Technologies to start her own venture, Paul Writer Strategic Advisory, a marketing platform for B2B early-stage companies in the traditional and new media space like social blogging in 2010 because after being in the services marketing sector for 18 years, she wanted to start all over again as she wanted the feel of being a CEO.
Paul is considered an expert in brand globalization, is recognized for her contribution towards putting the Indian IT industry on the global map,
- Marketing Booster Magazine- India's first ever marketing magazine
- "What Motivates You?" - A book review of Payoff by Dan Ariely in Outlook Business
- No Money Marketing- a guide for marketing on low budget
Honors and awards
- Chairman's Award, Infosys, 1998
- DataQuest's list of most powerful women in IT in India, 2005
- Business Today's List of Women Achievers in India, 2007
- Speaker at Forbes Executive Women's Forum, ITSMA, IIM- K, IIM C, CSI
- IT People's Award for Women in Leadership, 2008
- Speaker at India Conference at Harvard Business School, 2016
- "Executive profile — Jessie Paul". Bloomberg. Retrieved 13 January 2017.
- "CIOs can become great brand ambassadors: Jessie Paul CIOs can become great brand ambassadors: Jessie Paul". CIO magazine. March 23, 2016.
- "Wanderlust: Jessie Paul, Managing Director, Paul Writer". The Economic Times.
- "Marketers split on e-comm ad war". The Hindu Business Line.
- "It ends with the user". The Hindu Business Line.
- "Awards given for excellence in real estate marketing". The Hindu.
- "Not in the lead: Maggi loses its magic as noodle of suspicion hits trust factor". The Hindustan Times.
- Vivek Kamath (Oct 29, 2009). "10 Reasons to Read Jessie Paul's No Money Marketing". Forbes. Retrieved 23 July 2010.
- "Start-ups and shrewd marketing moves". The Hindu Business Line.
- "Low-budget marketing plan. 4 great tips". Rediff.
- "Zomato sandwiched between Delhi and Bengaluru". afaqs.
- "Media-darling Infosys fights bad press". Business Standard.
- "What's in a name? E-lot, they say". The Times of India.
- "ET : The next generation of women entrepreneurs : JESSIE PAUL". The Economic Times.
- "No structured environment to work from home: Jessie Paul". Business Today.
- "Jessie Paul, CEO Paul Writer, the Biggest B2B Marketing Community in India: Three Golden Rules of Frugal Marketing". The Next woman.
- "Social media & privacy: How Twitter tattles hurt". The Economic Times.
- "Amazon gives big ad push to Kindle". The Mint.
- "Harvard Business School & Harvard Kennedy School India Conference 2016 Speaker : Jessie Paul, CEO Paul Writer".
- Shelley Singh (10 Nov 2009). "Wipro's CMO Jessie Paul quits to start own venture". The Economic Times. The Times Group. Retrieved 23 July 2010.
- "The future of marketing". The Hindu Business Line.
- Shilpa Phadnis (Jan 23, 2017). "Vice-chairman TK Kurien to leave Wipro this month". The Times of India.
- "Advertising Interviews : Jessie Paul". exchange4media.
- "Techies all and loving it". The Hindu.
- "SQS India BFSI - Board of Directors".
- jessie-paul/ "Cutting through the clutter and raising the bar" Check
- Krishnan, Janaki (2013). Breaking Barriers. Jaico Publishing House. ISBN 9788184953954.
- "Jessie Paul, Managing Director, Paul Writer" (PDF). NASSCOM.
- Akanksha Prasad (November 10, 2009). "Wipro's CMO Jessie Paul steps down". CyberMedia India Online Ltd., CIOL. Retrieved 23 July 2010.
- "Jessie Paul quits Wipro as CMO to start own venture". siliconindia news. 10 November 2009. Retrieved 23 July 2010.
- "Can Cocofly crack the 'Paper Boat Problem'?". The Economic Times.
- "Jessie Paul: Creating An Indian B2B Community".
- "No Money Marketing Jessie Paul >About the Author". Tata Mcgrawhill. Retrieved 23 July 2010.
- "Jessie Paul - Digital Vidya". Digital Vidya. Retrieved 2018-01-20.
- "Jessie Paul".