Jester III Unit
|Location||3 Jester Road
Richmond, Texas 77406
|Security class||G1-G3, Outside Trusty|
|Capacity||Unit: 810 Trusty Camp: 321|
|Managed by||TDCJ Correctional Institutions Division|
|County||Fort Bend County|
The Beauford H. Jester III Unit (J3) is a Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) prison farm located in unincorporated Fort Bend County, Texas, United States. The unit is along U.S. Highway 90A, 4 miles (6.4 km) east of central Richmond. The unit, which opened in July 1982 with about 940 acres (380 ha) of land, is co-located with Jester I Unit, Carol Vance Unit, and Jester IV Unit.
- "Jester III Unit Archived 2008-08-21 at the Wayback Machine.." Texas Department of Criminal Justice. Retrieved on May 9, 2010.
- Texas Dept of Criminal Justice. Texas Department of Criminal Justice. Turner Publishing Company. 2004. 91.
- Ward, Mike. "Prison industry programs a victim of economic recession." Austin American-Statesman. Sunday September 4, 2011. Retrieved on September 23, 2011.
- Ward, Mike. "As prison closes, could others be next?" Austin American-Statesman. Thursday August 11, 2011. Updated on Friday August 12, 2011. Retrieved on September 23, 2011.
- "FBISD names the district’s 14th middle school campus opening in August 2011 – James Bowie Middle School." Fort Bend Independent School District. Retrieved on September 23, 2011. "James Bowie Middle School (Middle School #14), located at 700 Plantation Drive, in Richmond, Texas. "
|This article about a building or structure in Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|