Jesus Henry Christ
|This article relies largely or entirely upon a single source. (July 2010)|
|Jesus Henry Christ|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Dennis Lee|
|Written by||Dennis Lee|
|Music by||David Torn
|Distributed by||Entertainment One|
|April 20, 2012|
Jesus Henry Christ is an American 2012 comedy film based on Dennis Lee's Academy Award-winning student short film of the same name. It was released on April 20, 2012. The film was directed by Dennis Lee, who also penned screenplay. The film was produced by Joseph Boccia, Sukee Chew, Lisa Roberts Gillan, Deepak Nayar, Julia Roberts, Philip Rose, and Katie Wells. The films stars Jason Spevack, Toni Collette, Michael Sheen, Samantha Weinstein, Frank Moore, Mark Caven, and Paul Braunstein.
Henry (Jason Spevack) is a precocious young boy, conceived in a petri-dish, raised by his single mother, Patricia (Toni Collette), and is smarter than all of his peers. However, the one question he can't answer is, who is his father? Henry's attempts at locating his father lead him to Dr. Slavkin O'Hara (Michael Sheen), a university professor who has decided to raise his daughter, Audrey (Samantha Weinstein), as a psychology experiment in a world free of gender bias. Patricia starts fearing that she's losing her son, Audrey wishes she didn't have a father, Dr. O'Hara has no idea how to keep his daughter happy, and Henry may just have found the family he was looking for.
- Jason Spevack – Henry James Herman
- Toni Collette – Patricia Herman
- Michael Sheen – Dr. Slavkin O'Hara
- Samantha Weinstein – Audrey O'Hara
- Frank Moore - Stan Herman
- Austin MacDonald - Brian the Bully
- Cameron Kennedy – Jimmy Herman
- Mark Caven – President Sullivan
- Paul Braunstein - Dr. Gunther Flowers
- Mark MacDonald as Tim Herman
- Mickey MacDonald as Tom Herman
- Hannah Bridgen as Young Patricia Herman
- Jamie Johnston as Young Billy Herman
Release and reception
The film had it world premiere in April 2011 at the Tribeca Film Festival before going on general release in the US on April 20, 2012. It grossed $20,183 at the box office. Rotten Tomatoes, a review aggregator, gave it a 24% Approval Rating.
|2013||Young Artist Award||Best Performance in a Feature Film - Leading Young Actor||Jason Spevack||Nominated|||
|Best Performance in a Feature Film - Supporting Young Actor||Austin MacDonald||Won|
- Jesus Henry Christ
- "School of the Arts Filmmakers in Tribeca Film Fest". Columbia University School of the Arts. Retrieved January 9, 2015.
- "Jesus Henry Christ". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved January 7, 2015.
- "Jesus Henry Christ". Rotten Tomatoes. Flixster. Retrieved January 7, 2015.
- "34th Annual Young Artist Awards". YoungArtistAwards.org. Retrieved 2013-03-31.