Jesus and Mary College
|Jesus and Mary College|
|Affiliations||University of Delhi|
Jesus and Mary College (JMC) is a female-only college affiliated to the University of Delhi located in New Delhi. The college awards bachelors degrees in commerce, arts and mathematics. The college offers honors degree in : Elementary education, History, Sociology, Political Science, Hindi, English, Economics, Psychology, Math and Commerce. The college is located in Chanakyapuri (Diplomatic enclave) in New Delhi.
The college was founded by Religious of Jesus and Mary, a Roman Catholic Congregation founded by St. Claudine Thevenet or known as Mary of St. Ignatius (1774–1837) in Lyon, France in 1818. Convent of Jesus and Mary, Delhi was established in 1919, and thereafter a college for women in Delhi and the college was founded in July 1968. At the time of opening, the college offered only two degrees: English (Hons.) and BA (Pass), but quickly expanded to offer degrees in other subjects.
The admission to the college is based on a competitive cut-off percentage in senior secondary exams. The college also reserves a certain number of seats for Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST) candidates. As a minority institution, the college also has a 50% reservation for Catholic or other Christian students.
- Neha Dhupia, Bollywood Actress, model and Miss India Universe 2002
- Hasleen Kaur, Bollywood Actress, model and Miss India Earth 2011
- Ankita Shorey, model and Miss India International 2011
- Priyanka Gandhi (Vadra), Daughter of the former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi
- Namita Gokhale, writer
- Usha Sanyal, historian
- Ambika Anand, TV anchor (NDTV Good Times)
- Sushmita Mukherjee, TV & movie actress
- Rini Simon Khanna, news anchor 
- "Jesus and Mary College". University of Delhi.
- "5,000 more seats on offer at DU". The Hindu. May 12, 2010.
- "History". Official website.
- "Non-affiliated colleges: need less chaos, more work in union". Indian Express. Sep 2, 2009.
- "Distinguished alumni".
- "Manthan Award South Asia Grand Jury 2010 Profile: Rini Simon Khanna". Manthan Award. 2010.