Jesus and history
Jesus and history may refer to:
- Historicity of Jesus, the existence of Jesus as a historical figure
- Historical Jesus, the reconstruction of portraits of Jesus' life and teachings using historical methods
- Chronology of Jesus, the chronology of the major events of Jesus' life
- Quest for the historical Jesus, the methods and techniques used by academics to study the life of Jesus
- Historical background of the New Testament, the cultural influences that form the backdrop of Jesus' life in 1st century Judea
- Historical reliability of the Gospels, the historical validity or invalidity of the canonical gospels
- Christ myth theory, the theory that Jesus was a fictional or mythological character invented by early Christians
- Historicity of the Bible
- Jesus Christ in comparative mythology, compares the narrative of the life of Jesus from the Christian gospels with other religions
- Josephus on Jesus, the references by 1st-century Jewish historian Josephus to Jesus in his Antiquities of the Jews
- Tacitus on Christ, the reference by Tacitus in Book 15 of his Annals to Christians and the execution of their leader by Pontius Pilate
- Criticism of Jesus, criticisms of Jesus that have been raised by various scholars and writers
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Jesus and history.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.