||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (August 2014)|
|Type||Subsidiary of Go Travel Un Limited|
|Key people||Max Kraynov (CEO)
Anton Baitsur (Product VP)
Boris Kaplounovsky (CTO)
Nikita Kirgintsev (Product manager)
|Industry||Travel, Technology, Search Engine|
|Available in||English, French, German, Italian, Spanish|
JetRadar is multilingual. Users can search in English, German, French, Spanish and Italian. The company is operated by Go Travel UN Limited, and additionally provides local search engines for the Russian market including Aviasales.ru, which is the company's sister-brand. There is also a Thai version of the website, which went live in November 2013.
JetRadar began in 2007 as an airfare blog by founder Konstantin Kalinov. The catalyst for the business came the following year when Russian airfare distribution was liberalized, allowing the sale of e-tickets.
In May 2012 JetRadar released an English version of the company’s main web functions. Since this time the English version has become a stand-alone project with 535 airline partners and the cooperation of 35 travel agencies worldwide. In February 2014, the companies received a $10 million investment from iTech Capital, which then took a minority stake in the company. JetRadar’s headquarters is located in Phuket, Thailand. There are additional offices in Sydney, Hong Kong, Moscow and Saint Petersburg.
Product and services
In 2014, JetRadar launched Magic Fare, a tool that aims to find the lowest prices in long-haul flights with a layover by searching different tariffs on flights.
ECO Rank is one of the JetRadar’s filters. It uses an ICAO approach to identify flights with less harmful emissions. ECO ranks flight options based on aviation emissions, traffic forecasts, and aircraft range.
- "Aviasales attracts $10m investment for expansion and mobile development". Tnooz. Retrieved 5 August 2014.
- "JetRadar – flight search engine for Thailand". BangkokStartup. Retrieved 14 August 2014.
- "JetRADAR - keeping you in the air, cheaply". ENCA. Retrieved 27 May 2014.
- "iTech Capital Injects $10M Into Aviasales, Taking Minority Stake In Russia’s No.1 Travel Search Engine". TechCrunch. Retrieved 27 May 2014.
- "Мужская история: Путь с нуля. О проекте Aviasales.ru". Startup Women. Retrieved 27 May 2014.
- "JetRadar lets those who prefer layovers save a quick buck". e27. e27. Retrieved 28 August 2014.
- "JetRadar lays claim to being the cheapest flight meta with ‘Magic Fare’". Travolution. Travolution. Retrieved 29 July 2014.
- "Keep Calm & Fly Clean: Australia and New Zealand’s Cleanest Airlines". NZNewsUK. Retrieved 27 May 2014.
- "Web buzz: Jetradar app seeks out cheaper fares". LA Times. Retrieved 27 May 2014.