Jet Star (record distribution company)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Jet Star (formally Jet Star Phonographics Ltd.) was a United Kingdom record distribution company that grew out of Pama Records in 1978. It was one of the largest distributors of reggae music, the company claimed that it was "the world's largest reggae distributors".
Jet Star was formed in 1978 by the Palmer Brothers, who had previously run Pama Records. The new company began releasing records on its Charm label. The Reggae Hits series was started in 1984 and becoming the world's longest-running series of reggae compilations. Further series of album releases followed, including Just Ragga, Pure Lovers, and Jungle Hits. Some of their most successful titles were reissued on their Reggae Gold and Reggae Max labels, which are considered among the best introductions to the artists featured.
In 2008, Jet Star went into administration and was sold to Phoenix Music International Ltd.
- "Jet Star Company Info - Page 3 (archived)
- Larkin, Colin:"The Virgin Encyclopedia of Reggae", 1998, Virgin Books, ISBN 0-7535-0242-9
- Jet Star Company Info - page 4 (archived)
-  Archived 26 June 2008 at the Wayback Machine
- "Review - Sizzla : Jet Star Reggae Max". Reggae-vibes.com. Retrieved 2 March 2013.
|This article about a United Kingdom record label is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|