February 6, 1975
|Spouse(s)||Ali Tila |
Jet Tilakamonkul (Thai: เจ็ท ติลกมลกุล; RTGS: Chet Tilakamonkun), also known Jet Tila (Thai: เจ็ท ติลา; RTGS: Chet Tila), is an American celebrity chef and restaurateur. He is currently the chef of The Charleston and Pakpao Thai. Tila has appeared on Chopped, Cutthroat Kitchen, Iron Chef America, Guy's Grocery Games, and The Best Thing I Ever Ate.
Tila was born in Los Angeles to Thai Chinese parents who immigrated to the United States separately in 1966. His family traces their ancestry to the southern Chinese island province of Hainan.
Jet has also been part of several food-based world records including world’s largest stir fry, world’s largest seafood stew, world’s largest fruit salad and world’s largest California roll. 
- "Chef Jet on Thai Town, Bangkok Market, and LA's Best Pancakes". NBC News. Retrieved 22 February 2015.
- Harris, Jenn. "First look: Stir Market, Jet Tila's new food hall and restaurant to open Tuesday". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 22 February 2015.
- "Dallas restaurant offers tongue-in-cheek 'Thai me up' dinner this Valentine's Day". The Dallas Morning News. Retrieved 22 February 2015.
- Blaskovich, Sarah (8 May 2014). "UPDATED: Expect to see celebu-chef Jet Tila in the kitchen at Dallas Thai restaurant Pakpao". The Dallas Morning News. Retrieved 22 February 2015.
- Jet Tila parlayed his Thai immigrant family roots to food TV fame
- The Next Generation: Jet Tila, The Charleston LA
- Wandering Chef: Jet Tila in Hainan, China
- Painter, Alysia Gray (4 September 2013). "Chef Jet Tila, World Records, and the 15,291-Pound Fruit Salad". KNBC. Retrieved 3 May 2015.
- Chiao, Christine (9 April 2013). "Jet Tila Appointed Thai Cuisine Ambassador". LA Weekly. Retrieved 3 May 2015.
- "CHEFJET - CHEFJET.COM 3.0". CHEFJET.COM 3.0. Retrieved 2018-11-22.
|This biographical article on a chef is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|