A Private Jet Card is a private aviation product that enables holders to use various different aircraft at agreed-upon fixed hourly rates. Jet cards are offered by large and small fleet operators and charter brokers. On a jet card's pros list is convenience: Users don't have to exchange contracts or make payments each time they arrange a flight. There are many as 65 variables between jet card companies, according to Private Jet Card Comparisons, a buyer's guide to jet card programs.
Traditional Jet Card programs are prepaid hours of occupied flight time on a given aircraft or size of aircraft. Some programs include not only jets, but turboprops. The term “jet card” can also refer to prepaid private jet charter programs that have similar attributes.
Jet Card History
The term “jet card” was devised to create a marketing product for what equates to block on-demand charter. There are over 250 Jet Card programs on the market, with the number of providers having doubled in the past 10 years.
Jet cards offering turboprops and piston aircraft instead of jets are increasing. As of June 2018, there are 14 providers that offer turboprop and piston aircraft jet cards. 
Jet Card Cost
Jet Card purchase prices start at around $50,000. However, most Jet Card Programs typically run between $100,000 and $500,000. A new pricing model based on distance flown instead of hours has improved jet size flexibility and lowered the threshold for Jet Card Membership to only $25,000. Two research studies by Private Jet Card Comparisons show that jet card pricing can often be less than on-demand charter.
In comparing Jet Card cost, in addition to hourly rate, buyer's have to make sure they include the 7.5% Federal Excise Tax, International Destination Surcharges, International Fees, Initiation Fees, Monthly Membership Dues, Annual Membership Dues, Consumer Price Index (CPI) Escalator, Fuel Surcharges, Foreign Fuel Taxes, State Taxes, Airport Taxes and Fees, Customs Fees, Peak Day Surcharges, De-icing Charges, High-Density Airport Surcharges, Special Events (Super Bowl, Kentucky Derby) Surcharges, Diversion Costs, Overnight Fees, Catering, WiFi, Pet Cleaning, Pet Surcharges, Hanger Fees, Taxi Time, Preferred FBO Surcharges, Interchange Fee to upgrade or downgrade the size of aircraft, Flight Attendant, Administrative Fees, Ferry Fees outside of primary service area, Redeye Flight Surcharges. Which fees Jet Card providers include in the jet card prices they quote varies by program. Not all Jet Cards have membership fees and annual dues.
Two companies are varying from hours and dollars approach. Kansas City-based Executive AirShare is offering a jet card program that is denominated on a by-the-day basis. Airstream Jets is doing it by miles with the introduction of a jet card featuring distance-based pricing.
Some jet card programs offer categories of aircraft - turboprops, light jets, midsize jets, large jets, while other programs offer specific jet types such as the Gulfstream G4 or an Embraer Phenom 300.
Jet card providers
There are over 35 companies that offer more than 250 programs 
Other companies offering jet cards include Air Charter Service; Air Partner, Inc.; Bloom Jet Charter, Clay Lacy Aviation; Concord Private Jet; ECOJETS; Executive AirShare; ExpertJet; Fly Aeolus; GlobeAir; Jet Aviation Flight Services, Inc.; Jet Linx Aviation; Jet the World; JetSet Group; JetSuite; Jets.com; Jettly, Luxury Aircraft Solutions; Magellan Jets; Nicholas Air; ONEFlight International; Paramount Business Jets; Private Jet Services Group (PJS Group); PrivateFly; Prive Jets; ProspAir Jet Charter; Sentient Jet; Silverhawk Aviation; Solairus Aviation; Star Jets International LLC; StraightLine Private Air; TeeBee Jets; Unity Jets; Velocity Jets; VistaJet; Wheels Up; and Wholesale Jet Club.
- "Jet Card Guide". Sherpareport.com. Retrieved 2017-04-28.
- "Do you want a Jet Card to ride?". reuters.com. 2012-10-26. Retrieved 2017-04-28.
- "PRIVATE JET CARD COMPARISONS-Know before you buy frequently asked questions". privatejetcardcomparisons.com. Retrieved 2017-04-28.
- "Notable Jet Card Providers". bjtonline.com. 2014-08-14. Retrieved 2015-10-13.
- "Part 3: Who's Who In Private Jet Cards And Prepaid Private Jet Charter". forbes.com. 2017-04-12. Retrieved 2017-04-28.
- "The_Definitive_Guide_to_Supplemental_Lift" (PDF). NBAA.org. 2011-10-11. Retrieved 2015-10-09.
- https://privatejetcardcomparisons.com/ Private Jet Card Comparisons
- Private Jet Card Comparisons https://privatejetcardcomparisons.com/2018/06/17/these-14-jet-card-membership-programs-offer-turboprops-and-piston-aircraft/
- "The Best Private Jet Cards". barrons.com. 2017-07-14. Retrieved 2017-09-19.
- "Frequently asked questions". privatejetcardcomparisons.com. 2017-03-25. Retrieved 2017-09-19.
- "Jet Card". airstreamjets.com. 2015-10-14. Retrieved 2017-09-19.
- https://privatejetcardcomparisons.com/2018/05/07/private-jet-charter-prices-what-goes-into-the-cost-of-your-jet-card/#more-9798 Private Jet Card Comparisons
- "Two New Ways To Buy Private Jet Cards". forbes.com. 2017-06-02. Retrieved 2017-06-20.
- "The BJT Yellow Pages". bjtonline.com. Retrieved 2018-05-22.
- "Airstream Jets offers new jet card concept based on miles, not hours". traveldailynews.com. 2015-07-17. Retrieved 2017-04-28.
- "New Private Jet Cards". airstreamjets.com. 2017-06-04. Retrieved 2017-09-17.
- https://privatejetcardcomparisons.com/2018/05/20/can-i-choose-a-specific-airplane-type-when-i-buy-a-jet-card/ Private Jet Card Comparisons
- Private Jet Card Comparisons https://privatejetcardcomparisons.com/jet-card-comparisons-by-company/