|District||Gautam Buddha Nagar|
|Founded by||Maharshi Jaawali|
|Elevation||195 m (640 ft)|
|• Additional official||Urdu|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
Jewar is located in the suburbs of Greater Noida about 60 km. from Noida, 40 km from Greater Noida, 33 km from Gautam Buddha University and 35 km. from Khair. It is situated on the northeast bank of the Yamuna River. It is located between 28.13° North latitude and 77.55° East longitude at a height of 195 metres (639 feet) above mean sea level.
History records that the town was named after the sage Maharshi Jaawali. In the west of Jewar at a distance of 1 km. is an ashram and an old temple of the Maharshi. Other temples in the town is the Devi Mandir and the Daau ji Mandir famous for the Dau ji Mela held every year in the month of September.
It is located in the outskirts of Greater Noida, the district headquarters are located in New Okhla Industrial Development Authority (Noida) itself. It is about 35 km (22 mi) away from Noida, and one can come via Dankaur, Rabupura. An eight-lane Yamuna Expressway connects Jewar from Greater Noida and Agra. This whole district including Noida/Greater Noida is said to be one of the most fast developing areas of India.
As of 2011 Indian Census, Jewar had a total population of 32,269, of which 17,188 were males and 15,081 were females. Population within the age group of 0 to 6 years was 5,095. The total number of literates in Jewar was 18,184, which constituted 56.4% of the population with male literacy of 63.8% and female literacy of 47.9%. The effective literacy rate of 7+ population of Jewar was 66.9%, of which male literacy rate was 75.9% and female literacy rate was 56.7%. The Scheduled Castes population was 7,087. Jewar had 4623 households in 2011.
Jewar is mainly connected to other Major sites through roads and rail network. People commute to Delhi by rail from Palwal, Khurja and Vair. Khurja is around 35 km from Jewar and Palwal is around 28 km away. Palwal is city of Haryana, Initially part of Faridabad district but from 2008, Palwal is a separate district. Some state bus also run two times a day to Greater Noida District center. In the west is Haryana state. Jewar itself is a Tehsil, and well connected to many tehsils and districts by road namely Khurja, Sikandrabad, Bulandshahr, Khair, Aligarh and Palwal (District - Faridabad in Haryana). Noida Metro Rail Corporation (NMRC) planning to build a monorail project connecting Noida to Agra with monorail (yet not confirmed).
Jewar is located at . It has an average elevation of 195 metres (640 ft).
Near by Cities, Town & villages
- "Census of India: Bahraich". www.censusindia.gov.in. Retrieved 12 January 2020.
- "52nd REPORT OF THE COMMISSIONER FOR LINGUISTIC MINORITIES IN INDIA" (PDF). nclm.nic.in. Ministry of Minority Affairs. Archived from the original (PDF) on 25 May 2017. Retrieved 4 January 2019.
- "जेवर में दाऊजी मेला शुरू 14652761". jagran. Retrieved 17 February 2017.
- "Huranga (Holi) at Dauji Temple near Mathura 2015". The Wanderer. 25 May 2015. Retrieved 17 February 2017.
- "Greater Noida". Greater Noida. Retrieved 4 February 2012.
- "Jewar international airport: Inauguration of Jewar airport by end of December: Nandi | Allahabad News - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 12 January 2020.
- "It's official! NCR gets its second airport in Jewar, Uttar Pradesh". Zee News. 4 July 2016. Retrieved 17 February 2017.
- "UP polls in sight, Greater Noida airport gets central push - The Economic Times". The Economic Times. Retrieved 17 February 2017.
- "Jewar Weather - AccuWeather Forecast for Uttar Pradesh India". AccuWeather. Retrieved 17 February 2017.