|Directed by||Bryan Fogel|
|Produced by||Bryan Fogel
|Screenplay by||Bryan Fogel
Jennifer Love Hewitt
Joel David Moore
|Music by||Nathan Wang|
Ministry of Content
Oops Doughnuts Productions
Jewtopia is a movie. It is a film adaptation of one of the longest running off-Broadway plays. The film is directed by Bryan Fogel, and written by Bryan Fogel and Sam Wolfson. It stars Ivan Sergei, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Joel David Moore and Nicollette Sheridan.
Christian O’Connell (Ivan Sergei) has met the girl of his dreams in Alison Marks (Jennifer Love Hewitt). Unfortunately, Christian told Alison (who happens to be a rabbi’s daughter) that his name was Avi Rosenberg, and that he was Jewish—neither of which is true. Desperate to keep up the illusion, he turns to his childhood best friend, Adam Lipschitz (Joel David Moore), to teach him how to "act Jewish". But Adam has problems of his own, with a fiancée (Jamie-Lynn Sigler) pushing him closer to a mental breakdown as their wedding approaches. With the best intentions, Adam and Christian attempt to help each other out, but things quickly go completely wrong.
- Ivan Sergei as Christian O'Connell
- Jennifer Love Hewitt as Alison Marks
- Joel David Moore as Adam Lipschitz
- Wendie Malick as Marcy Marx
- Peter Stormare as Buck O'Connell
- Nicollette Sheridan as Betsy O'Connell
- Lin Shaye as Mrs. Hawthorne
- Rita Wilson as Arlene Lipschitz
- Jamie-Lynn Sigler as Hannah Daniels
- Camryn Manheim as Eileen Daniels
- Tom Arnold as Bruce Daniels
- Crystal Reed as Rebecca Ogin
- Jon Lovitz as Dennis Lipschitz
- Rachel Fox as Jill Lipschitz
- Dominique Grund as Young Alison Marks
- Elaine Tan as Sala Khan
The film was announced on July 15, 2011, with initial cast listings for the film being released concurrently. Sergei and Hewitt led the announcement, with the full cast list, including Joel David Moore, Wendie Malick and Hewitt's former Ghost Whisperer co-star Camryn Manheim, being released on August 8, 2012.
- "Full cast and crew for 'Jewtopia'". IMDb. Retrieved 2011-08-08.
- "Jennifer Love Hewitt cast in 'Jewtopia' movie". JTA. Retrieved October 2, 2011.
- Propst, Andy. "Jennifer Love Hewitt, Joel David Moore, Ivan Sergei Set for Jewtopia Movie". Theater Mania. Retrieved October 2, 2011.
- Sneider, Jeff (August 8, 2011). "Joel David Moore joins 'Jewtopia'". variety.com. Retrieved 2011-08-08.
- "TheReal_Jlh". Twitter. August 10, 2011. Retrieved August 11, 2011.
- Randall, Laura (April 25, 2012), "Newport Beach film fest: 'Jewtopia,' John Wayne and lots more", Los Angeles Times.