Jhajha railway station
|Indian Railway Station|
Jhajha Railway Station
|Location||Jhajha, Jamui District, Bihar
|Elevation||143 metres (469 ft)|
|Owned by||Indian Railways|
|Operated by||East Central Railway|
|Line(s)||Howrah-Delhi Main Line
|Connections||Jasidih Junction, Kiul Junction|
|Zone(s)||East Central Railway|
Jhajha Station, station code JAJ, is the railway station serving the city of Jhajha in the Jamui district in the Indian state of Bihar. The Jhajha railway station is the easternmost station on the mainline section of the Danapur division of the East Central Railway Zone. Jhajha Station is connected to metropolitan area of India by Howrah–Delhi main line via Patna–Mughalsarai section. It is located at and has an average elevation of 143 metres (469 ft). It is located in front of a large red soil hill and is surrounded many forests. The station has scenic beauty.
The first rail track between Howrah and Delhi was via what was later named as Sahibganj Loop and the first through train on the route was run in 1864. The Kiul-Patna sector was ready around 1862.The 'Shorter Main Line' on the Delhi-Calcutta route (via Jhajha, Patna) is in place with the completion of the section from Raniganj to Kiul. The Jhajha-Kiul section was electrified in 1997–98 and the Narganjo-Jhajha section was electrified in 1998–99.
The major facilities available are waiting rooms, computerized reservation facility, reservation counter,two-wheeler and four-wheeler vehicle parking. The vehicles are allowed to enter the station premises. The station also has STD/ISD/PCO telephone booth, ATM counter, toilets, refreshment room, tea stall and book stall. The station also has rest rooms (running rooms) for the railway employees.
|Train No.||Train Name||Train type||Zone||From||Departure Time|
|13288||South Bihar Express||Exp||ECR||Durg Junction/DURG||0:40|
|13005||Howrah-Amritsar Mail||ER||Amritsar Junction/ASR||1:00|
|12352||Danapur- Howrah Express||SF||ER||Kolkata Howrah Junction/HWH||1:08|
|12333||Vibhuti Express||SF||ER||Allahabad City/ALY||1:30|
|13006||Amritsar Howrah Mail||ER||Kolkata Howrah Junction/HWH||1:38|
|12359||Kolkata Chitpur Patna Garib Ra...||GR||ER||Patna Junction/PNBE||1:50|
|12334||Vibhuti Express||SF||ER||Kolkata Howrah Junction/HWH||2:10|
|15027||Maurya Express||Exp||NER||Gorakhpur Junction/GKP||2:15|
|12351||Howrah- Danapur Express||SF||ER||Danapur/DNR||2:30|
|13039-Slip||Howrah-Delhi(Janta) Express Sl...||Exp||ER||Rajgir/RGD||2:50|
|8294||Patna – Bilaspur (Weekly) Spec...||Exp||SECR||Bilaspur Junction/BSP||2:55|
|13111||Lal Quila Express||Exp||ER||Old Delhi/DLI||3:05|
|13020||Bagh Express||Exp||ER||Kolkata Howrah Junction/HWH||3:15|
|13287||South Bihar Express||Exp||ECR||Danapur/DNR||3:17|
|13157||Tirhut Express||Exp||ER||Muzaffarpur Junction/MFP||4:20|
|13155||Mithilanchal Express||Exp||ER||Darbhanga Junction/DBG||4:20|
|18181||Tatanagar-Chapra Express||Exp||SER||Chhapra Junction/CPR||5:20|
|18181-Slip||Tata-Chapra Express Slip||Exp||SER||Katihar Junction/KIR||5:20|
|63207||Jhajha Patna Passenger MEMU||MEMU||ECR||Patna Junction/PNBE||5:35|
|12332||Himgiri Express||SF||ER||Kolkata Howrah Junction/HWH||5:45|
|18419||Puri-Darbhanga Weekly Express||Exp||ECoR||Darbhanga Junction/DBG||6:25|
|18449||Baidyanathdham Express||Exp||ECoR||Patna Junction/PNBE||6:25|
|12331||Himgiri Express||SF||ER||Jammu Tawi/JAT||6:35|
|63209||Jhajha Patna MEMU||MEMU||ECR||Patna Junction/PNBE||7:00|
|13050||Amritsar Howrah Express||Exp||ER||Kolkata Howrah Junction/HWH||7:17|
|63572||Kiul Jasidih Passenger MEMU||MEMU||ER||Jasidih Junction/JSME||7:30|
|18622||Patliputra Express||Exp||SER||Patna Junction/PNBE||7:55|
|53049||Howrah Mokameh Passenger||Pass||ER||Mokama Junction/MKA||8:10|
|12024||Patna-Howrah Jan Shatabdi||JShtb||ECR||Kolkata Howrah Junction/HWH||8:26|
|17005||Hyderabad-Darbhanga Express||Exp||SCR||Darbhanga Junction/DBG||8:30|
|13510||Gonda-Asansol Express||Exp||ER||Asansol Junction/ASN||8:45|
|13508||Gorakhpur-Asansol Express||Exp||ER||Asansol Junction/ASN||8:45|
|12316||Ananya Express||SF||ER||Kolkata Sealdah/SDAH||9:35|
|12318||Akal Takht Express||SF||ER||Kolkata Sealdah/SDAH||9:35|
|8293||Bilaspur – Patna (Weekly) Summ...||Exp||SECR||Patna Junction/PNBE||10:05|
|18184||Danapur – Tatanagar Express||Exp||SER||Tatanagar Junction/TATA||10:15|
|12304||Poorva Express||SF||ER||Kolkata Howrah Junction/HWH||11:12|
|63566||Jhajha Jasidih Passenger||MEMU||ER||Jasidih Junction/JSME||11:25|
|13008||Udyan Abha Toofan Express||Exp||ER||Kolkata Howrah Junction/HWH||11:57|
- "Railway traffic restored on Jasidih-Jhajha section". The Times of India. 23 March 2012. Retrieved 10 April 2012.
- "History of Electrification". information published by CORE (Central Organization for Railway Electrification). CORE (Central Organization for Railway Electrification). Retrieved 1 April 2012.
- "ECR takes steps to streamline traffic". The Times of India. 9 January 2012. Retrieved 10 April 2012.
- "Paradise lost: Blood-spill in idyllic Jhajha". The Times of India. 15 April 2008. Retrieved 10 April 2012.
- Construction, of. "Jhajha Railway Station". IRFC. firstname.lastname@example.org. Retrieved 10 July 2015.
- "List of Locations (Irrespective Of States) Where Computerized Reservation Facilities Are Available". Official website of the Indian Railways. Archived from the original on 3 July 2013. Retrieved 18 April 2012.
- "Major passenger amenities available in stations over Danapur Division". Commercial Information. Official Website of the East Central Railway. Retrieved 1 April 2012.
- "Two arrested for Bihar Maoist attack". The Times of India. 15 April 2008. Retrieved 10 April 2012.
- "ECR GM inspects Jhajha-Patna section". 26 March 2011. Retrieved 9 April 2012.
- "Passengers robbed on running train". 12 October 2009. Retrieved 10 April 2012.
- "Trains at Jhajha". India Rail Info. Retrieved 1 April 2012.
- "JHAJHA Railway Station Details". indiantrains.org. Archived from the original on 19 March 2012. Retrieved 1 April 2012.