|Elevation||379 m (1,243 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|ISO 3166 code||RJ-IN|
Jhajhar is a village, situated in the erstwhile province of Shekhawati of Rajasthan, India. It is located in the district of Jhunjhunu, approximately 7 km from Nawalgarh. Formally it was the part of Pentalisa of Bhojyana.
The Jagir of Jhajhar with other villages was granted to the Purshottam Singh, elder son of Thakur Todar Mal, ruler of Udaipurwati. Singh had three wives (amongst others), 3rd, was Phool Kanwar Mertani. He was succeeded by his son Prithvi Singh as the Thakur of Jhajhar, he married 1st, Biki, married 2ndly, Biki, married 3rdly, Udawat. He died fighting in the battle of Devli and Heerapura, north of Sambhar. He had four sons, after his death Jhajhar was divided into Chaar Panas (four parts). Due to the influence of the Shekhawats, no incident of theft or robbery happened under their rule in Jhajhar. The Shekhawat Sirdars of Jhajhar were the Bhomias (Landlords). Thakurs of Jhajhar paid allegiance to their overlords, the Maharajas of Jaipur, which was collected from Udaipurwati.
Chaar Pana of Jhajhar
- Fateh Singh Ji Ka Pana, named after Fateh Singh.
- Pana Malam Singh Sabhasinghot, named after Malum Singh. Shabha singh expired in early age and hence his son Malum Singh occupied his place.
- Karan Singh Ji Ka Pana, named after Karan Singh.
- Padam Singh Ji Ka Pana, named after Padam Singh.
Bhairubas is in Karan Singh Ji Ka Pana of Jhajhar, located 1 km from Jhajhar. Bhairubas named after Bhairu Singh of Jhajhar.
Temples of Jhajhar
- Jamwai Mata Mandir, Jamway Mata is a Kuldevi of Kachwaha or Kachawa Dynasty.
- Sati ji Mandir, Mohini Sati Mata Mandir (Practice of Sati is banned in India.)
- Raghunath Mandir
- Hanuman Mandir, also known as Revtiya Mandir
- Gaytri Mandir
- Goga ji mandir (nawalgarh road)
Fairs and festivals
Teej, Gangaur, Holi, Dussehra, Janmashtmi, Navratri and Diwali are celebrated in the village. The Rajputs and Mali specially celebrated the Dassehra and Gangaur. Gangaur is celebrated by Rajput ladies. The women dance the Ghoomar, every night for five nights. Isar and Gangaur are bedecked and displayed in every noble house all over Rajasthan. The festival is celebrated like a wedding.
- At Bhairubas of Jhajhar, the function of Gangaur celebrated at the residence of Th. Bairishal Singh Ji Shekhawat for 16 days celebration. Everyday, Rajput ladies and unmarried girls of raola come at haveli to pay homage to the deities. The beautiful deities of Isar and Gangaur are bedecked in all their finery. On the last day of the festival they are displayed in the Chowk, and then the two deities are taken out in a grand procession, accompanied by dancers, musicians, to the Kotri where a huge fair takes place, attracting people from the area. Procession starts from Kotri passes through the village and converges near well. At last deities then retire to the family residence of Bairishal Singh Ji until the next year!
Mohini sati mata bhadava ka mela.and the specially function performed by the party the siddhi vinayak shri ganesh temple. Shiv Mandir celebrates Shivratri, Holi Utsav, Janmashtami, Sarad Purnima, Ankoot Mahotsav succeeding Deepawali.
Nawalgarh, Bai, Birol, Beri, Khirod, Barwa, Basawa, Gothra etc.
- Shekhawat Dynasty, Indian Princely States, Genealogical Gleanings Royal and Noble Lineages. ( The spacial help from Bhanwar Ajit Karan Singh Shekhawat of Jhajhar is gratefully acknowledged)
Vijendra Singh Shekhawat S/O Mr. Deep singh shekhawat S/o Mr. Chog Singh Shekhawat