Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa (season 4)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa (season 4)|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of episodes||24|
|Original network||Sony Entertainment Television|
|Original release||13 December 2010 –|
8 March 2011
|Celebrity winner||Meiyang Chang|
Sushant Singh Rajput
The fourth season of Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa premiered on 12 December 2010 on Sony Entertainment Television. The series was hosted by Mona Singh and Sumeet Raghavan. Meiyang Chang and Marischa Fernandes won the competition on 8 March 2011.
- Meiyang Chang and Marischa, winners on March 8, 2011
- Sushant Singh Rajput and Shampa, second place on March 8, 2011
- Yana Gupta and Salman Yusuff Khan, first eliminated on January 17, 2011 then came back, third place on March 8, 2011
- Mahhi Vij and Savio Barnes, fourth place on March 8, 2011
- Ankita Lokhande and Nishant, eliminated first on January 24, 2011, came back as WC, eliminated again on February 21, 2011
- Ragini Khanna and Neerav Bavlecha, eliminated on February 14, 2011
- Shekhar Suman and Priti Gupta, eliminated on February 7, 2011
- Dayanand Shetty and Vrushali, eliminated on January 31, 2011
- Krushna Abhishek and Robin, eliminated on January 10, 2011
- Akhil Kumar and Sneha Kapoor, eliminated on January 3, 2011
- Renuka Shahane and Jai Kumar Nair, eliminated on December 27, 2010
- Anushka Manchanda and Punit Pathak, eliminated on December 20, 2010
|Week 1||Week 2||Week 3||Week 4||Week 5||Week 6||Week 7||Week 8||Week 9||Week 10||Week 11||Week 12||Week 13|
- green numbers indicates the highest score.
- red numbers indicates the lowest score.
- indicates the winning couple.
- indicates the runner-up couple.
- indicates the second runner-up couple
- indicates the fourth-place couple
- indicates the couple eliminated that week.
- indicates the returning couple that finished in the bottom three.
- n/a indicates the couple did not get any scores
^1 In week 5, Yana was in the bottom two with Ragini and Ankita but after she got voted out while Ragini got saved. After in week 7, she came back as a wild card and got selected.
^2 In week 6, Ankita (who is well known for her role in Pavitra Rishta was in the bottom two with Ragini and Ankita but after she got voted out while Ragini got saved. After in week 7, she came back as a wild card and got selected. In week 10, Ankita left the show.
- Week 1: contestants performed on styles like Jazz, Samba and Jive. The top scorers were Shekhar and Priti who scored 27⁄30 and the lowest were Akhil and Sneha, Anushka and Puneet and Chang and Marischa who scored 18⁄30
- Week 2: The contestants performed this time on dance styles like Cha-Cha, Tango and Salsa. Sushant and Shampa received the first 30⁄30 for their stunning salsa. The lowest scorers were Renuka and Jai scoring 19⁄30. Anushka Manchanda was eliminated and hence could not perform.
- Week 3: The contestants were asked to perform on Indian folk styles. The top scorers were Sushant and Shampa, Yana and Salman and Ragini and Neerav who received 30⁄30 and the lowest scorers were Akhil and Sneha, and Mahi and Savio who scored 21⁄30. Renuka and Jai were eliminated and hence could not perform.
- Week 4: The contestants were asked to perform with another celebrity that is in a trio. The guest participants were Rashmi Desai, Aishwarya Sakhuja, Jai Soni, Vidya Malvade, Vikrant Massey, Saloni Daini, Sarita Joshi and Neha Marda. The top scorers were Sushant and Shampa, and Yana and Salman both receiving a 30⁄30 whereas the lowest were Krishna and Robin receiving a 20⁄30. Akhil and Sneha were eliminated and hence could not perform.
- Teen Ka Tadka
- Ragini & Neerav - Jay Soni
- Ankita & Nishant - Nandish Sandhu
- Sushant & Shampa - Rashami Desai
- Yana & Salman - Aishwarya Sakhuja
- Krushna & Robin - Sarita Joshi
- Dayanand & Vrushali - Saloni Daini
- Mahhi & Savio - Vikrant Massey
- Akhil & Sneha - Ishita Panchal
- Shekhar & Priti - Vidya Malvade
- Chang & Marischa - Neha Marda
- Week 5: The contestants were asked to perform on street dance styles like Locking and Popping, Crumping, Hip-Hop, Lyrical Hip-Hop, Stomping etc. After 4 performances each the contestants were asked to perform a group dance which would give them a chance to increase their scores making the total out of 40. The first day group dance style was Disco whereas for the second day it was Jive. Model Yana Gupta's partner Salman suffered from an injury in the leg and therefore their style was changed from Crumping to Hip-Hop. The top scores were Chang and Marischa who had received a 29⁄30 for their dance and they also performed a jive which made their total a 39⁄40. The lowest scorers were Daya and Vrushali and Yana and Salman who both received a 27⁄40. Krushna and Robin were eliminated and hence did not perform.
- Week 6: The Contestants were asked to give a tribute to Madhuri Dixit by performing Bollywood style on her songs. Many actors and Directors shared their thoughts with Madhuri. This week too, the contestants had to perform a group dance after all the performances of the day were over but this the total was out of 30 instead of 10 making their total out of 60. The top scorers were Chang and Marischa and Sushant and Shampa who first received a 30⁄30 and then received a 25⁄30 making their total a 55⁄60. The lowest scorers were Daya and Vrushali who scored a 39⁄60
- Week 7: The eliminated contestants had their last chance to come back in the contest and be the wild card entry. All the 6 contestants had performed and were given a rank out of six instead of a score. Akhil and Sneha ranked 6th, Renuka and Jai ranked 5th, Anushka and Puneet ranked 4th, Krushna and Robin ranked 3rd, Ankita and Nishant raked 2nd, Yana and Salman ranked 1st. The judges were only supposed to select one wild card entry but however the judges decided to put the top 2 ranked teams as wild card entries. As a result, Yana and Salman, Ankita and Nishant were selected to come in the next round.
- Week 8: This week the contestants performed on the challenge given by Malika Arora Khan. The highest scorers were Chang and Marischa with 40⁄40 and Sushant and Shampa with 40⁄40 whereas the lowest scorers, Shekhar and Priti received a 15⁄40, the lowest score in the history of Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa. Ragini and Neerav and Daya and Vrushali were in the bottom 2 and had to perform in a dance-off. All the three judges voted for Ragini and thus, Daya and Vrushali were eliminated.
- Week 9:The Contestants this time had to do 2 performances instead of one. The highest scorers were Sushant and Shampa with 57⁄60and the lowest were Mahi and Savio with 43⁄60. Ankita and Shekhar had to participate in the dance off. Madhuri and Remo voted for Ankita and Malaika voted for Shekhar. Shekhar and his partner Preeti were eliminated.
- Week 10:This time too, the contestants had to do 2 performances. The highest were Sushant and shampa scoring a 59⁄60 whereas the lowest were Mahi and Savio again with a 41⁄60. This time in the bottom 2 were Yana and Ragini. All three judges voted for Yana. As a result, Ragini and Neerav were eliminated.
- Week 11:Again the contestants had to do 2 performances. Sushant Singh Rajput and his partner Shampa did not perform as Sushant suffered from back injury. The top scorers were Chang and Marischa with a 57⁄60whereas the lowest scorers were Mahi and Savio scoring a 49⁄60. In the bottom two were Yana and Ankita. All three judges voted for Yana and hence Ankita was eliminated
- Week 12: This week the bottom two were Sushant and Shampa and Yana and Salman. However, the judges felt that none of them should be eliminated and used their special power to keep both the contestants in. The top scorers were Sushant and Shampa with a 58⁄60 and the lowest were Mahi and Savio with a 47⁄60.
- Week 13: Mahi and Savio were eliminated and therefore the top three were Sushant and Shampa, Yana and Salman and Chang and Marischa. On the Tuesday night finale the results were announced as Shushant and shampa as the winner each winning Twenty-Five Lakh Rupees. Chang and Yana were the runners-up. Chang and Shampa won the Ujala Consistent Performer Award of Five Lakh Rupees.
|Team||Best score||Best Dance style||Worst score||Worst dance|
|Sushant and Shampa|
|Renuka and Jai|
|Yana and Salman|
|Ragini and Neerav|
|Anushka and Puneet|
|Shekhar and Priti|
|Ankita and Nishant|
|Akhil and Sneha|
|Daya and Vrushali|
|Krushna and Robin|
|Mahii and Savio|
|Chang and Marischa|
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (August 2012)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa.|