Jhalda railway station
|Indian Railway Station|
|Location||Jhalda, Purulia district, West Bengal
|Elevation||297 metres (974 ft)|
|Zone(s)||South Eastern Railway|
Jhalda Station, station code JAA, is the railway station serving the city of Jhalda which is in the Purulia district in the Indian state of West Bengal. Jhalda railway station belongs to the Ranchi division of the South Eastern Railway Zone of the Indian Railway. Jhalda railway station is located between Muri and Bokaro Steel City.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (April 2012)|
The major facilities available are Waiting rooms, retiring room, computerized reservation facility, Reservation Counter, Vehicle parking etc. The vehicles are allowed to enter the station premises. Security personnel from the Government Railway police(G.R.P) are present for security.
The platforms are interconnected with foot over bridge (FOB).
The nearest airports to Jhalda Station are:
- Birsa Munda Airport, Ranchi 74 kilometres (46 mi)
- Gaya Airport, Gaya 207 kilometres (129 mi)
- Lok Nayak Jayaprakash Airport, Patna 294 kilometres (183 mi)
- Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport, Kolkata 297 kilometres (185 mi)
- "RANCHI DIVISION AT A GLANCE". Official Website, South Eastern Railway, Govt of India. Archived from the original on 30 May 2013. Retrieved 26 April 2012.
- "Sealdah-Ajmer Sharif Express from today". The Times of India. 13 September 2009. Retrieved 27 April 2012.
- "List of Locations (Irrespective Of States) Where Computerized Reservation Facilities Are Available". Official website of the Indian Railways. Archived from the original on 3 July 2013. Retrieved 18 April 2012.
- "Trains at Jhalda Station". India Rail Info. Retrieved 1 April 2012.
- "Jhalda Railway Station Details". indiantrains.org. Archived from the original on 1 November 2014. Retrieved 1 April 2012.
- "Jhalda Railway Station". onefivenine.com. Retrieved 31 March 2012.
|This article about a railway station in the Indian state of West Bengal is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|