|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Jhalod (or Zalod) is a large town of historical and commercial importance and serves as administrative headquarters of Jhalod Taluka in Dahod District, Gujarat, India. It is situated on the eastern border of Gujarat, 5 kilometres (3.1 mi) from the Kushalgarh Tehsil of Banswara District, Rajasthan, near the Titodi River. It was one of the original "five mahals" of the Panchmahal District within Bombay Province during the British Raj in India.
The town has a small military fort built by the Marathas.
The taluka was made up by joining the territories of Sanjeli State and Jhalod Mahal together .
As of the 2011 India census, Jhalod had a population of 28,720. Males constitute 51% of the population and females 49%. The average literacy rate was 61%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy was 67%, and female literacy was 54%. In Jhalod, 16% of the population was under 6 years of age.
Transport and education
The Gujarat State Department Bus Depot is located in Jhalod. There is no railway in the town, with the nearest railways station being at Dahod.
- Government Science College, Jhalod (offers B.Sc. degree course in Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, Botany and Zoology subjects)
- Industrial Training Institute (ANTYODAYA SF-ITI), Antyodaya Seva Sangh, Jhalod
- Maulana Azaad Primary and Higher Secondary School
- B.M. High School
- I.P.Mission primary school - one of the oldest school in Jhalod which was founded by Irish missionary William Mulligan and G.W.Blair in 1902 to educate the adivasi people of the region.
- I.P.Mission highschool Jhalod is one of the prominent school in jhalod was founded by Irish missionary Dr.Jean shaom in 1987.
- Taluka Kumarshala is oldest school in Jhalod.
- Boniben kanyashala is an oldest school for girls only.
- P.V Patel Girls High School
- Maniben High School
- Bright Eng Med School
- Industrial Training Institute (ITI)
- Manilal Chunilal Prathamik Shala
- K.R Desai Arts & Commerce College
In the same compound where the Primary School is located, there are other schools as well such as a Middle school (5th to 7th grade), a Secondary School (8th to 10th grade) and a Higher Secondary School (11th and 12 grade).
Hospitals in the town include Shivani Surgical Hospital, which is run by the current MLA, Mitesh Garasiya, and Pooja Hospital, which specialises in maternity and sonography. The Referral Hospital & Community Health Centre Government Hospital also exists.