|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Shrine (Darbar) of Sultan Bahoo, Sufi Saint.
|Time zone||PST (UTC+5)|
Jhang (Urdu: جھنگ, Punjabi: جھنگ) is the capital city of Jhang District, in the province of Punjab, Pakistan. It is situated on the east bank of the Chenab river. According to the 1998 census of Pakistan, it had a population of 293,366.
Jhang is situated at the junction of two rivers Jhelum and Chenab, where a headworks named Tareemon had been ercted. It is situated on the left banks of both rivers. Jhang is the capital city of Jhang District located at the coordinates 31.30677 N, 72.32814 E.
|Toba Tek Singh||Okara||Faisalabad|
According to the 1981 census of Pakistan, the population of Jhang was 1,970,944 with the 434,495 housing units in Jhang. In the 1998 census, population of Jhang was 2,834,545, with an annual growth rate of 2.16%. The male population was 1,474,099 (52.00%) and the female population was 1,360,446 (48.00%).
There are two University campuses catering the needs of city
- Lahore College for Women University (Jhang campus)
- University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences (Jhang campus)
Jhang contains many schools and colleges
- Government Post Graduate College, Jhang
- Government College University, Lahore, Jhang campus
- Chenab college jhang, jhang
|This section does not cite any sources. (July 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- Sultan Bahu (ca 1628 – 1691), saint, founder of the Sarwari Qadiri Sufi order
- Abdus Salam, Nobel laureate in physics
- Aleem Dar, cricketer and umpire. Member of the International Cricket Council Elite umpire panel
- Muhammad Tahir-ul-Qadri, Sufi Scholar, Politician, Founder of Minhaj-Ul-Quran International and Pakistan Awami Tehrik
- Asif Mahmood, Famous political and financial analyst.
- Nasir Abbas Nayyar, Famous critic and essayist.
- Jhang-Maghiana article in the Imperial Gazetteer of India, v. 14, p. 134.
- "Demography of Jhang". Pakistan Census. Retrieved 17 August 2011.
- Tehsils & Unions in the District of Jhang – Government of Pakistan