Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Map of Punjab, with Jhang District shown in orange.
|Time zone||UTC+5 (PKT)|
|Number of Tehsils||4|
Jhang District (Punjabi and Urdu: ضلع جھنگ) is a district of the Punjab province of Pakistan. The city of Jhang is the district's capital. In 2009 the tehsil of Chiniot became the separate Chiniot District.
- Sultan Bahoo, a Sufi saint
- Abdus Salam, Nobel Prize winner in physics
- Aleem Dar, cricket player
- Muhammad Tahir-ul-Qadri, a Sufi Scholar, Politician, Founder of Minhaj-Ul-Quran International and Pakistan Awami Tehreek
- "District at a glance - Jhang" (PDF). www.pbscensus.gov.pk.
- "Tehsils & Unions in the District of Jhang the – Government of Pakistan". Nrb.gov.pk. Archived from the original on 2008-02-12. Retrieved 2010-10-24.
- Administrative Units of Pakistan (Tehsils/Talukas) Archived 2010-12-30 at the Wayback Machine Statistics Division, Ministry of Economic Affairs and Statistics, Government of Pakistan
- PCO 2000, pp. 95–96.
- 1998 District Census report of Jhang. Census publication. 114. Islamabad: Population Census Organization, Statistics Division, Government of Pakistan. 2000.