|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2015)|
Map of Punjab, with Jhang District shown in orange.
|• District Coordination Officer||Raja Khurram Shehzad|
|• District Police Officer||Zeeshan Asghar|
|• Total||8,809 km2 (3,401 sq mi)|
|• Density||320/km2 (830/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+5a)|
|Number of Tehsils||4|
Jhang District (Punjabi, Urdu: ضلع جھنگ) is a district of the Punjab province of Pakistan. The city of Jhang is the district's capital. According to the 1998 census of Pakistan, the district's population was 2.8 million, of which 23 percent lived in urban areas.
Location and geography
- Sultan Bahoo, founder of the Sarwari Qadiri Sufi order
- Abdus Salam, Noble Prize winner in Physics
- Aleem Dar, cricket player
- Muhammad Tahir-ul-Qadri, Sufi Scholar, Politician, Founder of Minhaj-Ul-Quran International and Pakistan Awami Tehreek
- "Jhang District at a glance" (PDF). Pakistan Bureau of Statistics.
- "Tehsils & Unions in the District of Jhang the – Government of Pakistan". Nrb.gov.pk. Retrieved 2010-10-24.
- Administrative Units of Pakistan (Tehsils/Talukas) Statistics Division, Ministry of Economic Affairs and Statistics, Government of Pakistan