Jhansi Ki Rani (2019 TV series)
|Jhansi Ki Rani|
|Also known as||Khoob Ladi Mardaani – Jhansi Ki Rani|
|Screenplay by||Faizal Akhtar|
|Story by||Manikya Raju|
Dialogues-Jyoti JhaLyrics-Jyoti Jha
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||110|
|Producer(s)||Abhimanyu Singh Roopali Singh|
|Running time||22–30 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Contiloe Entertainment|
|Original network||Colors TV|
|Picture format||HDTV 1080i|
|Original release||11 February –|
12 July 2019
Jhansi Ki Rani (transl. The Queen of Jhansi) is an Indian historical drama television series based on the life of Lakshmi Bai, the Rani of Jhansi. It aired on Colors TV from 11 February to 12 July 2019 and starred Anushka Sen as Manikarnika.
The show depicts the life of Manikarnika, a female brave warrior who in turn is Rani Lakshmi Bai. The show starts with Manikarnika stealing the flag of British and unfurling the flag of their nation. This angers the British and they are searching the culprit. Many of her acts throughout this time period anger Britishers. As part of her journey, Manu gets married to King Gangadhar Rao of Jhansi, and takes a position where she has the power to fight for Jhansi as well as the rest of India. She becomes the Queen of Jhansi, one of the most abundant kingdoms, but yet free from British rule. Now, the show portrays how the queen is able to defend her country from the Britishers, despite obstacles such as traitors to Jhansi and restrictions on her, through not only British rule but also traditions for women that hold her down. More of the plot will be revealed as the show goes on.
- Anuja Sathe as Rani Janki Bai, Gangadhar's sister in law
- Jason Shah as Captain Hugh Ross
- Aishwarya Raj Bhakuni as Ramabai, Gangadhar's first wife
- Rajesh Shringarpure as Morapant Tambe, Manu's father
- Anshul Trivedi as Tantia Tope
- Ryan Larson as Captain Robb, Ross’s brother
- Mak Mukesh Tripathi as Shiva Krantikari
- Ankur Nayyar as Gangadas
- Dolly Sohi as Sakubai, Gangadhar's eldest sister-in-law
- Himanshu Bamzai as Raghunath Rao
- Vijay Kashyap as Baji Rao II
- Piyali Munshi as Lachcho Bai, Gangadhar's younger sister-in-law
- Gaurav Vasudev as Captain Smith
- Naveen Pandita as Ali Bahadur
- Andy Von Eich as British Officer Masion
- Namit Shah as Nana Sahib
- Jagriti Sethia As Kaashi
- Athar Siddiqui as Veerbhadra
- Naren Kumar as Madanpal
- Chandan K Anand as Ghaus Khan
- Trupti Mishra as Manjari
It is a privilege and an honor to play the warrior queen who epitomized the spirit of patriotism, bravery and love for her family. The viewers will see two varied avatars of Manikarnika – the wife of a king who was pro-British and a young queen who wanted Jhansi’s freedom. This is my first major lead role and I am incredibly excited to portray one of the most iconic heroes from the history of Indian freedom struggle.— Anushka Sen
Khoob Ladi Mardani...Jhansi Ki Rani is an evergreen inspirational nationalist story that needs to be told to every generation. While the viewers have heard stories of this legendary queen, not many are aware of the challenges she faced after getting married at a tender age. To revive a historical saga, it’s very critical that we take the viewers back in time with the scale, costumes, presentation and the production value. They say it was during this revolt that the new and young India was born, and it is very important that we represent it right by focusing on the nuances of that time. We are confident that the viewers will connect to this emotional journey of our Jhansi Ki Rani.
- "Colors to premiere TV show on Lakshmibai titled Khoob Ladi Mardaani — Jhansi Ki Rani". firstpost.com.
- "Manikarnika now heads to TV". indiatimes.com.
- "Anushka Sen to play Manikarnika on TV". newindianexpress.com.
- Rajesh, Author: Srividya (11 June 2019). "Jhansi Ki Rani on Colors to go off air in July". IWMBuzz. Retrieved 16 June 2019.
- Team, Tellychakkar. "Jhansi Ki Rani to go off air on this date?". Tellychakkar.com. Retrieved 16 June 2019.
|This Indian television-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|