|Elevation||228 m (748 ft)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Jhilimili is located at  Jhilimili is located on the banks of Kangsabati River, is about 15 kilometres (9.3 mi) from Mukutmanipur,80 kilometres (50 mi) from Bankura, 36 kilometres (22 mi) from Khatra and 20 kilometres (12 mi) from Ranibandh.. It has an average elevation of 228 metres (748 ft).
In Bengali, Jhilimili means sparkle or twinkle.
A travel from Ranibandh to Jhilimili offers a magnificent revelation to impressive forest of changeable heights on both sides on the route. The Kangsabati flows through this forest and its banks are an ideal picnic spot. The watchtower at Jhilimili offers a commanding view of the surrounding area. Jhilimili is a quiet place, and makes for a pleasant getaway for city-dwellers.
During mid-January, Tusu parab is celebrated. Goddess Tusu is worshipped. Santhals organise village fairs during Makara Sankranti. Myths heard from generations says once a King had two daughter Jhili & Mili . Based on their daughter name the location is identified as Jhilimili .
- "Jhilimili, India Page". Falling Rain Genomics. Retrieved 2009-09-25.
- "Bankura". bengalinet. Retrieved 2009-09-25.
- "Jhilimili". Forests. theindiatravel. Retrieved 2009-09-25.
- "Jhilimili". india9.com. Retrieved 2009-09-25.
- "List of State Highways in West Bengal". West Bengal Traffic Police. Retrieved 22 September 2016.
|This article about a location in West Bengal is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|