|city ( Town )|
|District||Kanpur Dehat district|
|Founded by||British rule|
|• Chairman||Raj Kumar Singh Yadav|
|Elevation||131 m (430 ft)|
|Population (2011 est.)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Approx 100 years back Jhinjhak Was a village with nearby villages like "Turna" & "Tikan Gaon" . Jhinjhak Nagar Panchayat was created on 11 January 1972 in British Government. In the Year 1972 Jhinjhak was expanded and the nearby villages "Turna" and "tikan Gaon" was included. In the Year 2016 Jhinjhak became the Nagar Palika Parishad and it's area also expanded including some more Near by villages.
The nearby cities are Kanpur (63 km) towards the East and Etawah (90 km) towards the West. The district headquarters is nearly 35 km away at Akbarpur-Matiis a town and a nagar panchayat in Kanpur Dehat district in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. It has an average elevation of 131 metres (429 feet).
The major town Jhinjhak is a Raiway Station on (NCR)/North Central Railway line. Nearest station to east is Rura at a distance 19 km and Kanpur is at 63 km.In the west nearest station is Phaphund and Etawah .It is also connected to Kanpur by roads via Rura and Kalyanpur.
In the present time Jhinjhak is well connected to the major railway stations Kanpur , Delhi , Agra , Lucknow , Aligarh etc. We can reach Jhinjhak via bus route also , Many private buses are running in the town to connect nearby towns Siknadra , Rasulabad , Rura , Akbarpur, Kanpur. The nearest well functional airport is Chaudhary Charan Singh International Airport(Lucknow) about 175 km and is well connected by daily flights from Chennai, Mumbai, New Delhi, Hyderabad, Cochin and Bangalore. There is an Airport in Kanpur (Civil Aerodrome Kanpur Cantt) but it's restricted to very limited flights.
Schools and colleges
- Shri Gandhi Vidhyalay Inter College
- Shri Ram Ratan Girls Inter College
- Shri Ram Ratan Audyogik Krishi Inter College
- Shri Gandhi Balika Vidyalay Inter College
- Rama Devi Mahila Mahavidyalay
- Gauri Shankar Mahavidyalaya
- Pt.Ram Dutt Tripathi Mahavidyalay
- Chandrabhan Singh Memorial Shikshan Sansthan
- Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya Degree College
- Akshayvat Akhaivar Temple
- Jai Mata Di Temple
- Hanuman Temple and 'MAZAR' in Bagwa (A Lovely example of Brotherhood) Near Chota Chouraha
- Shiva and Hanuman temple at Chota Chouraha
- Bhole Shvar Dham Bhola Nagar Near Railway Crossing
Major business of the town is buying and selling grains (Galla Market). To support businessmen and farmers there is a "Mandi samite".
As of the 2001 Indian census, Jhinjhak had a population of 20,406. Males constitute 53% of the population and females 47%. Jhinjhak has an average literacy rate of 69%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 75%, and female literacy is 63%. In Jhinjhak, 15% of the population is under 6 years of age. As of the 2011 Indian census, Jhinjhak had a population of 45000+.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- Jhinjhak at India9.com
|This Ramabai Nagar district location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|