|Directed by||Nagraj Manjule|
|Cinematography||Sudhakar Yakkanti Reddy|
|Edited by||Kutub Inamdar|
Tandav Films Entertainment Pvt.Ltd
Jhund (transl. Crowd) is an upcoming Indian Hindi-language film based on the life of Vijay Barse, the founder of NGO Slum Soccer. The film starring Amitabh Bachchan, Akash Thosar and Rinku Rajguru is directed by Nagraj Manjule. The biographical sports-drama is produced by Bhushan Kumar, Krishan Kumar, Raaj Hiremath, Savita Hiremath and Nagraj Manjule, Gargee Kulkarni and Meenu Arora under the banner of T-Series, Tandav Films Entertainment Pvt.Ltd and Aatpat Films. In the film Bachchan plays a professor who motivates the street children to form a football team. The filming began in December 2018 at Nagpur, and it was set to release on 8 May 2020.
The filming of Jhund began in December 2018 at Nagpur. The story of the film is based on the life of Vijay Barse, founder of Slum Soccers. Bachchan plays a professor who motivates the street children to form a football team. This is Akash, Rinku, and Nagraj's second collaboration after their 2016 Marathi film Sairat. The film was wrapped up on 31 August 2019.
Marketing and release
The film was scheduled for release on 20 September 2019, the date was tweeted by film critic and trade analyst Taran Adarsh. It was later postponed to 13 December 2019. On 21 January 2020, the film release date was announced to be 8 May 2020.
- "Amitabh Bachchan calls his team of rehabilitated football players 'sheron ka jhund' in first teaser of Nagraj Manjule's film". Firstpost. 21 January 2020. Retrieved 21 January 2020.
- "Nagraj Manjule's Bollywood directorial debut Jhund: Rinku Rajguru, Akash Thosar set to reunite after Sairat |Entertainment News". Times Now News. Retrieved 26 February 2019.
- "Amitabh Bachchan shoots for 'Jhund' in Nagpur". 5 December 2018. Retrieved 13 March 2019.
- "Amitabh Bachchan to start shooting for 'Jhund' in August - Times of India".
- Atulkar, Preeti (14 January 2019). "Rinku Rajguru and Akash Thosar reunite for Nagraj Manjule's Jhund". The Times of India. Retrieved 6 March 2019.
- "Jhund Cast List | Jhund Movie Star Cast - Bollywood Hungama".
- "Amitabh Bachchan wraps up 'Jhund'". Business Standard India. 1 September 2019. Retrieved 1 September 2019.
- "Amitabh Bachchan's Jhund first look revealed: Film to release on September 20". India Today. 19 February 2019. Retrieved 26 February 2019.
- Adarsh, Taran (18 February 2019). "Release date finalised... #Jhund, starring Amitabh Bachchan and directed by #Sairat director Nagraj Manjule, to release on 20 Sept 2019... Produced by Bhushan Kumar, Krishan Kumar, Raaj Hiremath, Savita Raj Hiremath and Nagraj Manjule.pic.twitter.com/iPMaIyT8Z9". @taran_adarsh. Retrieved 26 February 2019.
- "Amitabh Bachchan starrer Jhund to release on THIS date?". Box Office India. 9 September 2019. Retrieved 22 September 2019.
- T-Series (21 January 2020). "Jhund - Teaser - Amitabh Bachchan - Nagraj Manjule - 8th May 2020". Retrieved 21 January 2020 – via YouTube.
|This article about a Hindi film of the 2010s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|