Jiří Dědeček (born 13 February 1953 Karlovy Vary) is a Czech musician, songwriter, poet, translator, writer and author of numerous radio and television programs.
He performed in tandem with Jan Burian In the years 1973–1985.
Dědeček is a president of the Czech PEN Centre.
He graduated in librarianship from Charles University in Prague in 1976. In 1983 to 1987 He studied script writing in Film and TV School of the Academy of Performing Arts in Prague.
- 1990 – Zabili trafikantku
- 1996 – Kouzlo noční samoty
- 1998 – Žalozpěv pro lehký holky
- 2003 – Kdyby smrtka měla mladý
- 2006 – Řekněte to mýmu psovi
- Jiří Dědeček official page (in Czech and English)
- Jiří Dědeček blog (in Czech)
- Jiří Dědeček at IMDb
- Jiri Dedecek on PEN, politics, and pathos, Czech Radio, 17 December 2007 (in English)
- Academy of Performing Arts in Prague alumni
- 1953 births
- Musicians from Karlovy Vary
- French–Czech translators
- Czech male poets
- Czech guitarists
- Male guitarists
- Czech translators
- Czech science fiction writers
- Czech male bloggers
- Czechoslovak male singers
- Living people
- 20th-century translators
- 20th-century male writers
- Writers from Karlovy Vary
- 20th-century Czech male singers
- 21st-century Czech male singers