|Also known as||Kába|
26 March 1946 |
|Instruments||Viola, violin, guitar, theremin, vocals|
|Associated acts||The Plastic People of the Universe|
Jiří Kabeš, alias Kába (* 26 March 1946 in Křemín, Czechoslovakia) is a Czech rock singer, violist, violinist, guitarist and songwriter. From 1970 he is member of The Plastic People of the Universe which he play on viola and violin, occasionally sings and play on theremin. early seventies he played with rock'n'roll group The Old Teenagers. Since 1997 he is also member of The Velvet Underground Revival Band which plays the guitar. He was also a member of Milan Hlavsa's band called Půlnoc and Echt!.
With The Plastic People of the Universe
- Bez ohňů je underground (1992) - live album
- For Kosovo (1997) - live album
- The Plastic People of the Universe (1997) - live album
- Hovězí porážka (released: 1997, recorded: 1983-84)
- Jak bude po smrti (released: 1998, recorded: 1979)
- Pašijové hry velikonoční (released: 1998, recorded: 1978)
- Vožralej jak slíva (released: 1997, recorded: 1973-1975) - live album
- Ach to státu hanobení (released: 2000, recorded: 1976-77)
- Líně s tebou spím | Lazy Love / In Memoriam Mejla Hlavsa (2001)
- Egon Bondy’s Happy Hearts Club Banned (released: 2001, recorded: 1974-75)
- Muž bez uší (released: 2002, recorded 1969-72) - live album
- Co znamená vésti koně (released: 2002, recorded: 1981)
- Do lesíčka na čekanou (released: 2006, recorded? 1973) - live album
- Maska za maskou (2009)
- Non Stop Opera (2011) - live album
- Ivan Ivanov. "10 desek - deset nejoblíběnějších desek Jiřího Kabeše". Muzikus.cz. Retrieved 15 August 2012.
- "Jiří Kabeš". plasticpeople.eu. Retrieved 15 August 2012.
|This article on a Czech musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|