Jeon in 2012
October 15, 1990
Suwon, South Korea
|Education||Kyung Hee University|
Cube Entertainment (2009 - 2016)JS E&M
|Revised Romanization||Jeon Ji-yun|
Jeon Ji-yoon (born October 15, 1990), better known mononymously as Jiyoon or by her stage name Jenyer, is a South Korean singer-songwriter and actress. She was previously a member of South Korean girl group 4Minute and its sub-group 2Yoon. She debuted as a solo artist on November 2, 2016, under the stage name Jenyer, with the release of her debut digital single, "I Do".
- 1 Early life
- 2 Career
- 3 Personal life
- 4 Discography
- 5 Filmography
- 6 References
- 7 External links
2009–2012: 4Minute and solo activities
On October 15, 2009, she was a featured artist in Woo Yi-kyung's album Look at Me with the song "Look at Me". On April 13, 2010, she was a featured artist in Lee Hyo-ri's fourth album H-Logic with the song "Bring It Back" together with After School's Bekah. She sang in the soundtrack of MBC's My Princess, with the song "Oasis", released on February 7, 2011. She was also featured in Hyuna's album Bubble Pop! in the song "Downtown". The album was released on July 5, 2011.
Ji-yoon joined KBS's Immortal Songs 2 in June 2011 as a replacement of Song Ji Eun of Secret due to their Japanese promotions. "I felt that her vocals were more charming than [4Minute's] main vocalist Gayoon," the producer of the show said. On the show, professionals sing competitively and are judged by a studio audience of 200. She sang "We Meet Again" in an episode broadcast on July 15. And joining on KBS's Immortal Songs 2, she won together with DJ Koo with the song "I (Nan)" originally by Clon against Super Junior's Kyuhyun and Son Ho-young.
2013–2016: 2Yoon and 4Minute's disband
Jiyoon and her bandmate Gayoon had formed a subgroup called 2Yoon in 2013. They released their debut EP "Harvest Moon" with lead single "24/7" on 17 January 2013. The sub-group officially debuted on January 17 on M Countdown. On September 2014, it was revealed that Ji-yoon will making her acting debut with the web drama Dreaming CEO.
On September 24, 2015, it was revealed that Jiyoon will join Unpretty Rapstar Season 2. During Unpretty Rapstar, Jiyoon released a solo song featuring Jung Il-hoon called "This Ain’t Me" during the semifinals. On 13 June 2016, Cube Entertainment announced that 4Minute decided to disband and the members, excluding HyunA, were still in discussion on whether they will renew their contracts. On 15 June 2016, Cube Entertainment official announced that Jihyun, Gayoon, Jiyoon and Sohyun's contracts had expired and they decided not to renew their contracts.
2016–present: Label change and Day and Night
On August 8, 2016, Jiyoon has signed an exclusive contract with JS E&M, which also houses artists such as actors Seo Ha-joon, Byun Jung-soo, Yang Mi-ra and Chun Jung-myung, as well as South Korean girl group Tren-D. The agency announced her solo debut plans and actively support her from music to acting and also on variety shows, citing her as having "unlimited potential". On August 31, 2016, Jiyoon is reported hard at work preparing for a digital single album release in October. Despite being a singer, her new agency confirmed she will also be active in upcoming dramas and broadcasts.
Jiyoon debuted as a solo artist on November 2, 2016 by the stage name "Jenyer", with the single album Day and Night. The title song "I Do" and its music video were released on the same day. Jiyoon didn't promote her new single on music shows. On March 23, 2017 she released the collaboration single "Cliché" with Samuel Seo. The accompanying music video was released the same day. On April 10, 2017 Jiyoon showed support and attended the movie premiere for "Daddy You, Daughter Me" in which Heo Gayoon, the former groupmate of Jiyoon, made her acting debut.
She graduated from Byeongjeom High School and is currently attending Kyung Hee University, majoring in Post Modern Music.
|Day and Night (낮 and 밤)||
|2009||Look at Me||"Look at Me"||with Woo Yi-kyung|
|2010||H-Logic||"Bring It Back"||with Lee Hyo-ri & Bekah|
|2011||MBC My Princess||"Oasis"|
|Bubble Pop!||"Downtown"||with Kim Hyun-a|
|Ottogi||"Ottogi" (Latin House Ver.)||with Solbi|
|2012||My Love By My Side||"Between Love and Friendship"|
|2013||Love For Ten - Generation of Youth||"Only You"||with Nam Ji-hyun|
|Moonlight Silla (Rock Ver.)||"Moonlight Silla (Rock Ver.)"||with Heo Young-ji, Song Ji-eun, DickPunks and Park So-yeon|
|2015||Unpretty Rapstar||"This Ain't Me"||with Jung Il-hoon|
List of songs written by Jiyoon
|2016||Act. 7||"Hate"||Yes||Seo Jae-woo, Son Young-jin, Kim Hyun-a||No||Jae-woo, Young-jin, Skrillex|
|"No Love"||Yes||Ra-young, Gen Neo (of NoizeBank), Kim Hyun-a||No||Gen Neo (of NoizeBank)|
|"Blind"||Yes||Kwon So-hyun, Kim Hyun-a||No||Im Kwang-wook, Ryan Kim, Hunnykilla, Amanda Moseley|
|2015||A Time to Leave||Yoon-so||Lead role|
|2014||Dreaming CEO||Kkoom Yi||Lead role|
|2011||Immortal Songs 2||KBS2||Contestant|
|2015||Unpretty Rapstar 2||Mnet||Contestant|
|2012–2013||My Love by My Side||Bok-hee|
- Kang, E. (2016-11-01). "Watch: Jeon Jiyoon Makes Solo Debut As Jenyer With Gorgeous "I Do" MV". Soompi. Retrieved 2016-11-02.
- Mark Russell (29 April 2014). K-Pop Now!: The Korean Music Revolution. Tuttle Publishing. p. 85. ISBN 978-1-4629-1411-1.
- 김형우 (Gimhyeongwoo) (2009-06-17). 데뷔하루 앞둔 포미닛 "라이브 걱정없어, 실력으로 승부하겠다". Newsen (in Korean).
- Lee Hyori teams up with 4minute’s Ji-yoon & After School’s Bekah
- B2ST Yoseob & 4minute's Ji-yoon For "My Princess" OST
- GhostWriter, "HyunA releases “Bubble Pop!” mini album! feat Ji-yoon", allkpop, Jul 4, 2011.
- Vitalsign, "4minute’s Ji-yoon talks about joining 'Immortal Song 2'", allkpop, Jun 20, 2011.
- Casper, Idol music show “Immortal Song 2″ airs episode #7!, allkpop, Jul 16, 2011.
- 4Minute’s Jeon Ji-yoon to Take on First Acting Challenge through Web Drama
- 4minute's Jiyoon joins 'Unpretty Rapstar 2' after all
- "Former 4minute member Jiyoon joins JS E&M + reveals solo debut plans". allkpop.com. Retrieved November 1, 2016.
- Jun, R. (August 8, 2016). "Former 4Minute Member Jeon Jiyoon Preparing For Solo Debut". Soompi. Retrieved November 1, 2016.
- Estee (August 9, 2016). "#JiYoon: Former 4Minute Member Signs With JS E&M; Reveals Solo Debut Plans". Hype.my. Retrieved November 1, 2016.
- "Jiyoon greets fans through new, solo profile cuts after 4minute's disbandment | allkpop.com". Retrieved 2016-11-01.
- Choi, A. (2016-08-31). "Former 4Minute Member Jiyoon Unveils New Pictures As Solo Artist". Soompi. Retrieved 2016-11-01.
- "Jeon Jiyoon Makes Solo Debut As Jenyer With Gorgeous "I Do" MV". Soompi. November 1, 2016. Retrieved November 3, 2016.