Shanghai International Circuit
Jiading in Shanghai
|Country||People's Republic of China|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (China Standard)|
In early Qing dynasty, which overlapped with Southern Ming, the municipality was infamously known for "Jiading Massacre", a mass murder by the invading Qing (Manchu) force. In late Qing (in 1853), Jiading city [sic] was also known for bandit activities that once captured the city and then Shanghai, as a rebellion of taxiation.
in 2005 Jiading District government invested 10 million RMB in building the Shanghai Museum of the Imperial Examination System.
Jiading District is located in the northwestern part of Shanghai. It stretches across 463.9 square kilometers (179.1 sq mi). It is located about 20 kilometres (12 mi) from downtown Shanghai. Jiading District is connected to downtown Shanghai by the Hujia Expressway, the first expressway in China. Jiading District is near Shanghai's Hongqiao Airport but across town from the Pudong International Airport.
Subdistricts and towns
|Name||Chinese (S)||Hanyu Pinyin||Shanghainese Romanization||Population (2010)||Area (km2)|
|Xincheng Road Subdistrict||新成路街道||Xīnchénglù Jiēdào||sin zen lu ka do||55,223||5.14|
|Zhenxin Subdistrict||真新街道||Zhēnxīn Jiēdào||tzen sin ka do||106,164||5.09|
|Jiadingzhen Subdistrict||嘉定镇街道||Jiādìngzhèn Jiēdào||ka din tzen ka do||81,854||4.10|
|Nanxiang town||南翔镇||Nánxiáng Zhèn||neu zian tzen||139,845||33.31|
|Anting town||安亭镇||Āntíng Zhèn||eu din tzen||232,503||89.29|
|Malu town||马陆镇||Mǎlù Zhèn||mau loq tzen||172,864||57.16|
|Xuhang town||徐行镇||Xúháng Zhèn||zi raon tzen||165,452||39.91|
|Huating town||华亭镇||Huátíng Zhèn||rau din tzen||46,355||39.57|
|Waigang town||外冈镇||Wàigāng Zhèn||nga kaon tzen||80,896||50.95|
|Jiangqiao town||江桥镇||jiāng qiáo Zhèn||kaon djio tzen||256,218||42.37|
|Jiading Industrial Zone||嘉定工业区||Jiādìng Gōngyèqū||ka din kon gniq chiu||72,933||78.10|
|Juyuan New Area Administrative Committee||菊园新区管委会||Yúyuán Xīnqū Guǎn Wěihuì||cioq yeu sin chiu kueu we||60,924||18.61|
The Jiading Confucian Temple is one of the best conserved Confucian temples in China. It has gone through several repairs in the past 800 years.
There are numerous international hotels within the Jiading district. Among the most famous are Sheraton Shanghai Jiading Hotel and the Crowne Plaza Shanghai Anting, the latter one being the first five star international hotel in Jiading.
- Yang Yongliang (b. 1980), artist
- James S.C. Chao (b. ~1935), merchant mariner, business leader, and philanthropist. He is the founder of Foremost Group.
- Wellington Koo (b. ~1888), a Chinese statesman of the Republic of China.
Jiading is currently served by two metro lines operated by Shanghai Metro:
- Line 11 - Nanxiang, Malu, Jiading Xincheng, Baiyin Road, West Jiading, North Jiading / Shanghai Circuit, East Changji Road, Shanghai Automobile City, Anting
- Line 13 - Jinyun Road, West Jinshajiang Road, Fengzhuang
- 国务院关于上海市销嘉定县设立嘉定区的批复 (PDF). 国务院公报 (in Chinese). State Council of the People's Republic of China. 1993 (31): 1390. 1 February 1993.
- Scars of War: The Impact of Warfare on Modern China. p. 30.
- Voices from the Ming-Qing Cataclysm: China in Tigers' Jaws. p. 18.
- Burg, David F. (2004). "Nineteenth Century". A World History of Tax Rebellions. New York City; London: Routledge (Taylor & Francis Books). p. 353. ISBN 0-415-92498-7. Retrieved 11 March 2019 – via Google book preview.
- Census Office of the State Council of the People's Republic of China; Population and Employment Statistics Division of the National Bureau of Statistics of the People's Republic of China (2012). 中国2010人口普查分乡、镇、街道资料 (1 ed.). Beijing: China Statistics Print. ISBN 978-7-5037-6660-2.
- "Jiading District". Encyclopedia of Shanghai. Shanghai Municipal Government. 2010. Archived from the original on 2013-03-02.
- James S.C. Chao
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jiading District.|
|This Shanghai location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|