|• Pinyin||Jiāngjīn Qū|
Jiangjin District in Chongqing
|Time zone||UTC+8 (China Standard)|
Jiangjin (Chinese: 江津; pinyin: Jiāngjīn Qū) is one of districts of Southwest Chongqing, China, located by the upper reaches of Yangtze River, with a history of 1500 years. The district covers 3200 square kilometres with a population of 1,460,000. Jiangjin is 50 km away by highway, 65 km away by railway and 72 km away by waterway from Yuzhong of Chongqing city.
Jiangjin enjoys a history of 1500 years.
- In 487, a Jiangzhou county was establied here.
- In 557, the Jangzhou county was renamed as Jiangyang county.
- In 583, the Jiangyang county was renamed as Jiangjin county.
- In 1983, the Jiangjin county was put under the administration of Chongqing city.
- In 1992, the Jiangjin county was promoted to a city level, called Jiangjin city.
- In 2006, the Jiangjin city was changed into Jiangjin district, Chongjin, a county-level division of Chongqing.
Jiangjin is located in 105°49′—106°38′of longitude and 28°28′—29°28′of north latitude. The landscape of Jiangjin is high in south and low in north. The lowest place is Luohuangzhongba, with an altitude of 178.5 m. The highest place is Wugongba in Simian Mountain, with an altitude of 1709.4 m. The average altitude of downtown Jiangjin is 209.7 m. The flood water level is 199.13 m.
The climate of Jiangjin belongs to subtropic monsoon weather style, with an annual average temperature of 18.4℃, monthly average temperature of 7.7℃ in January, 28.5℃in July, total annual radiation of 1273.6 hrs, total annual rainfall of 1030.7mm, frost-free period of 341 days and annual average relative humidity of 81%.
At present, there are 6 national-level highways connected to jiangjin.Yangtze river pass through Jiangjin,making up a 305KM long waterway including tributary waterways, and Jiangjin has 5 national deep-watered ports along the rivers. Both the Chengdu-Chongqinq freeway and Yuqin freeway have their exits to Jiangjin. Luohuang Yangtse River Railway Bridge and Jiangjin Yangtze River Bridge make the traffic condition more convenient for Jiangjin.
- Jiangjin is one of important citrus producing areas in China, with a long history of citrus cultivation, the famous 'Jincheng' orange has its origin there. Its major agricultural products include rice,wheat,soybean,sweet potato, pepper corn,vegetables and fruits. Its animal husbandry include pig raising and fishery.
- In 2006，the total annual GDP was CNY14.894 billion and the annual average income per copita is CNY10,458 in Jangjin.
One of the famous tourist attractions in Jiangjin is the Simian Mountain.which is an area of natural beauty, featuring flourishing forests, lakes, rivers and waterfalls, with a distance only 140 kilometres away from the Chongqing downtown area.
Special Local Products
Laobaigan, strong limpid liquor usually with an alcohol level of near or above 60 degrees. Mihuatang, sweet and crisp dessert mainly made of puffed rice and sesame.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)