|Public limited company|
Number of employees
Jiangling Motors Corporation Limited (simplified Chinese: 江铃汽车公司; traditional Chinese: 江鈴汽車公司; pinyin: Jiānglíng Qìchē Gōngsī), abbreviated JMC, is a Chinese automobile manufacturer. The company has operated a commercial vehicle joint venture with Isuzu Motor Company since 1997. JMC also has a passenger car-producing joint venture with Changan, called Jiangling Motor Holding, which sells vehicles under the Landwind marque.
The history of Jiangling Motors Corporation can be traced to a truck repair shop opened in Nanchang in 1952 which operated under the name Nanchang Motors Repair Factory. In January 1993, the company entered into the Isuzu Joint Venture with Isuzu and Itochu. The joint venture acquired the non-exclusive right to produce the cab compartment and certain components of N-Series light truck and to assemble vehicles. The company was granted the approval of Jiangxi Province Economic Restructuring Commission to be reorganized to establish a joint stock limited company on February 20, 1993. JMC A shares and B shares were listed on Shenzhen Stock Exchange on December 1, 1993 and September 29, 1995, respectively.
At the 2006 Paris Motor Show, Landwind returned to Europe and displayed an updated version of their sport utility vehicle, the X-Pedition, as well a compact MPV called Fashion that would compete in the same size class with products such as the Kia Carens.
On February 29, 2016, the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology shut down JMC and 12 other automobile manufacturers that did not meet mandatory production evaluations for two consecutive years.
A brand mainly for commercial vehicles
- JMC Teshun – Van
- Jiangling CV9 minivan
- JMC BaoWei (SUV)
- JMC Carrying truck
- JMC pickup
- JMC Qingka (Jiangling Light Truck) (small truck) - based on Toyota/Hino light trucks
- Kairui and Kairui 800
- JMC Yunba (commercial van)
A brand for passenger vehicles.
A joint venture with Changan Automobile for crossovers and SUVs.
Licensed Ford production
- JMC Transit (minibus, developed by Ford and JMC jointly)
- JMC E-series SVO - based on Ford E-series vans:
- E350 Communication/Command Vehicle
- E250 Luxury Business Vehicle
- E350 Investigation Vehicle
- E350 Anti-riot Assault Vehicle
- Ford Everest
- Ford Territory
- "Profile of Jiangling Motor Holding Co.,Ltd(JMH)". Jiangling Motor Holding. Archived from the original on 28 January 2013. Retrieved 6 January 2013.
- "JMC, a Ford Partner, Releases First Passenger Car–Yusheng SUV". ChinaAutoWeb.com. 2010-12-05.
- Li, Fusheng (2016-03-07). "New govt sweep clears industry of 'zombies'". China Daily. Retrieved 2018-11-09.
- "Short Torque". China Daily. 2010-12-20.
- "Redding NedCar lijkt nabij" (in Dutch). Autovisie. 2011-04-09.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jiangling vehicles.|