|Former names||Shanghai Stadium|
|Location||Yangpu District, Shanghai|
|Public transit||Jiangwan Stadium Station|
|Owner||Shanghai Municipal Government|
|Capacity||25,000 (11,000 for AFL)|
|Field size||330m x 175m|
|Port Adelaide Football Club (AFL) (2017–present)|
Gold Coast Football Club (AFL) (2017–2018)
St Kilda Football Club (AFL) (2019–present)
It hosted the National Games of China for the last time in 1983 when 8,943 athletes took part in 26 sports.
Australian rules football
On 14 May 2017, the stadium hosted its first AFL regular season match for premiership points when Port Adelaide played the Gold Coast Suns during the 2017 AFL season. This was the first AFL premiership match to be played outside of Australasia. Port Adelaide won the match by a score of 16.14 (110) to 4.14 (38), in front of an official attendance of 10,118.
On 24 October 2017, it was announced that the AFL playing surface at the stadium will now be known as Adelaide Arena, and that AFL would be returning to the stadium in 2018.
On 25 October 2018, it was announced that St Kilda would play Port Adelaide for the following three seasons in Shanghai.
Australian Football League matches
|Year||Rnd||Date & local time||Team||Score||Team||Score||Attendance||Ref.|
|2017||8||Sunday, 14 May (1:15 pm)||Gold Coast||4.14 (38)||Port Adelaide||16.14 (110)||10,118|||
|2018||9||Sunday, 19 May 2018 (1:15 pm)||Gold Coast||6.6 (42)||Port Adelaide||11.16 (82)||10,689|||
|2019||11||Sunday, 2 June (12:40 pm)||St Kilda||Port Adelaide|
The stadiums architecture style is Chinese Art Deco, with the stadium itself designed by Dong Dayou, responsible for many landmarks in Shanghai built as part of the Greater Shanghai Plan implementation during the 1930s.
- 江湾体育中心. www.kic-jwsc.com. Retrieved 2016-10-28.
- Demons, Lions in China clash
- Navaratnam, Dinny (26 October 2016). "Port, Suns to face off in Shanghai in round eight clash". AFL.com.au. Retrieved 26 October 2016.
- Skene, Kathleen (26 October 2016). "Confirmed: Gold Coast Suns will play 'home' game in China next year". Gold Coast Bulletin. Retrieved 26 October 2016.
- "Match report: Power show lights up China - AFL.com.au". afl.com.au. Retrieved 2017-05-14.
- "Gold Coast fails to rise to the occasion in 72-point loss to Port Adelaide in Shanghai". The Courier Mail. 14 May 2017.
- "Port Adelaide smash Gold Coast in historic Shanghai match". The Australian. 14 May 2017.
- "Port Adelaide beats Gold Coast in China, Fremantle pinch win from Richmond, Sydney flogs North Melbourne". ABC. 14 May 2017.
- "Port Adelaide too good for Gold Coast in China despite inaccuracy". The Advertiser. 19 May 2018.
- "Shanghai resembles Gabba as Port blot out Suns". The Age. 19 May 2018.
- "Port Adelaide too good for Suns in Shanghai showdown". Wide World of Sports. 19 May 2018.