|Commenced operations||29 January 2016|
|Hubs||Nanchang Changbei International Airport|
|Frequent-flyer program||Ganpo Club|
|Destinations||12 (January 2017)|
|Key people||Hao Wu, chairman |
Wu Xiangyang, general manager
Jiangxi Air Co., Ltd. is a Chinese low-cost carrier with its headquarters at Nanchang Changbei International Airport, Jiangxi. It is a joint venture between XiamenAir and the Jiangxi Provincial Government. The airline flies to six destinations using two Boeing 737-800 aircraft.
On 17 March 2015, the Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC) granted Jiangxi Air preliminary approval to begin operations. The airline was granted its air operator's certificate on 8 December.
On 14 December 2015, Jiangxi Air received its first Boeing 737-800 aircraft, from parent XiamenAir, while unveiling its logo. Its livery consists of a crane, symbolising the environmental beauty of Jiangxi Province; and the colours blue and white, representing the famous porcelain of Jingdezhen in the province.
On 30 December 2015, the airline conducted its first test flight, from Nanchang to Xiamen. It received its air operator's certificate on 8 January 2016, allowing it to commence commercial flights.
Jiangxi Air operated its first flight on 29 January 2016, from Nanchang to Ürümqi via Xi'an. It is initially using pilots, flight attendants, maintenance staff, and other staff from XiamenAir.
As of April 2019, Jiangxi Air flies to the following destinations in China:
|Comac ARJ21-700||—||35||TBA||Deliveries to begin in 2020|
- Jiang, Sijia (22 July 2015). "China's new budget carrier Jiangxi Airlines ready for take-off". South China Morning Post. Retrieved 17 January 2016.
- "联系我们 ." Jiangxi Air. Retrieved on June 17, 2018. "企业地址：江西省南昌市昌北国际机场南七西路"
- Lu, Winnie (15 December 2015). "Jiangxi Air Unveils Its Logo and Livery, Introduces First B738". China Aviation Daily. Retrieved 17 January 2016.
- "China's Jiangxi Airlines takes delivery of maiden aircraft". Ch-aviation. 16 December 2015. Retrieved 17 January 2016.
- Wong, Joy (29 January 2016). "Chinese Start-up Jiangxi Airlines Takes Off". China Aviation Daily. Retrieved 29 January 2016.
- Wong, Joy (28 January 2016). "Chinese Start-up Jiangxi Airlines Gets Its AOC". China Aviation Daily. Retrieved 28 January 2016.
- "Jiangxi Airlines becomes newest Chinese carrier". Anna.aero. 1 February 2016. Retrieved 1 February 2016.
- Ge, Lena (24 November 2015). "Jiangxi Airlines Applies for AOC, Eyeing Maiden Flight at Year-End". China Aviation Daily. Retrieved 17 January 2016.
- Ge, Lena (3 January 2017). "Jiangxi Airlines Eyes Int'l Operations Within Three Years". China Aviation Daily. Retrieved 20 January 2017.
- "Global Airline Guide 2019 (Part One)". Airliner World. October 2019: 11.
- "Jiangxi Air Fleet Details and History". Planespotters.net. Retrieved 8 July 2018.
- "China's Big 3 place orders for 105 ARJ21s". ch-aviation.com. 2 September 2019.
- Official Jiangxi Air website—(in Chinese)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jiangxi Air.|