Jiangxia Tidal Power Station
|Jiangxia Tidal Power Station|
|Location||Wuyantou, Wenling, Zhejiang|
|Dam and spillways|
|Type of dam||Barrage|
|Tidal range||8.39 m (27.5 ft)|
|Commission date||April 1980|
|Turbines||1 × 500 kW|
1 × 600 kW
3 × 700 kW
|Installed capacity||3.2 MW|
3.9 MW (max. planned)
|Annual generation||6,500 MWh|
The Jiangxia Tidal Power Station (江厦潮汐电站) is the fourth largest tidal power station in the world, located in Wuyantou, Wenling City, Zhejiang Province, China. Although the proposed design for the facility was 3,000 kW, the current installed capacity is 3,200 kW, generated from one unit of 500 kW, one unit of 600 kW, and three units of 700 kW, totalling the installed capacity to 3,200 kW. Proposals were made to install a sixth 700 kW unit, but this has not yet been installed. The facility generates up to 6.5 GWh of power annually.
This facility also hosts a 40 kW solar PV power installation with an estimated 45,000 kWh annual production capacity. This system is composed of 216 pieces of 186 W monocrystalline solar modules manufactured by Perlight Solar.
- List of largest power stations in the world
- List of power stations in China
- List of tidal power stations
- Jinangxia Tidal Power Station (PDF), retrieved 2010-03-21[permanent dead link]
- Jinangxia Tidal Power Station, p. 194, retrieved 2010-03-21
- Jinangxia Tidal Power Station, archived from the original on 2011-07-07, retrieved 2010-03-21
- "Perlight Solar website". Archived from the original on 2012-04-25.