Chao Yang Lou, the old city gate of Jianshui, which now stands in the middle of town
|• Total||3,940 km2 (1,520 sq mi)|
|• Density||120/km2 (320/sq mi)|
Jianshui County (Chinese: 建水县; pinyin: Jiànshuǐ Xiàn; Hani: Jeifsyu) is a city in Honghe prefecture, Yunnan province, China. It was historic center of the province and remains an important transportation crossroad. Previously, it has been known as Ling'an (Chinese: 临安); today, the name Lin'an Town is retained by Jianshui's county seat.
- Chao Yang Lou (Old City Gate), which is now preserved on a roundabout in the middle of town.
- Hutongs or 'old neighbourhoods' with cobbled streets and stone wells.
- Temple of Confucius, Jianshui - one of the largest Confucian temples in China, after that of Qufu, Shandong, Confucius' home town.
- Seventeen Span Bridge (pinyin shi qi kong qiao), a Ming Dynasty bridge outside of the town
- The restored Qing Dynasty mansion and garden of a wealthy family.
- Ancient Buddhist towers.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jianshui County.|
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Jianshui County.|
|This Yunnan location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|