Jiaoxi Township (Chinese: 礁溪鄉; Hanyu Pinyin: Jiāoxī Xiāng; Tongyong Pinyin: Jiaosi Siang; Wade–Giles: Chiao1-hsi1 Hsiang1; Pe̍h-ōe-jī: Ta-khoe) or Chiaohsi Township is a rural township in the northern part of Yilan County, Taiwan.
Baiyun, Yushi, Deyang, Dazhong, Dayi, Liujie, Erlong, Shichao, Yutian, Sanmin, Linmei, Baie, Yuguang, Guangwu, Wusha, Longtan, Paolun and Erjie Village.
Jiaoxi is famous for its hot springs. These attract large numbers of visitors so as the result, Jiaoxi has become a favorite weekend resort, mostly people from Taipei, featuring an array of hotels from the budget to the luxurious. There is also a few free public hot springs, mostly sheltered, where visitors can enjoy a leisurely foot bath at any time.
In March 2012, it was named one of the Top 10 Small Tourist Towns by the Tourism Bureau of Taiwan.
- Jiaoxi Hot Spring Festival
Jiaoxi is served by the Yilan Line of Taiwan Railway Administration. Another convenient way of transportation to/from Taipei and further to Yilan City is by bus route that passes through Snow Mountain Tunnel. It is operated by Kamalan Bus Inc. and Capital Star (首都之星)。The Provincial Highway 9 also served the township.
- Lai In-jaw, President of Control Yuan (2007-2010)
- Wu Tze-cheng, Acting Magistrate of Yilan County (2017-)
- "Jiaoxi Yilan County". Taiwan the Heart of Asia. Retrieved 18 November 2016.
- Wong, Maggie Hiufu (30 March 2012). "Taiwan names its 10 top small tourist towns". CNN Go. Retrieved 31 March 2012.
- Shen, Worthy; Huang, Romulo (2 December 2017). "Jiaoxi hot spring festival opens". Focus Taiwan. Retrieved 3 December 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jiaoxi Township, Yilan County.|
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Jiaoxi.|
- Government of Jiaosi (in Chinese)
|This article about a location in Taiwan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|