|King of Bhutan|
|Reign||26 August 1926 – 30 March 1952|
|Coronation||14 March 1927 |
|Successor||Jigme Dorji Wangchuck|
|Died||30 March 1952
Kunga Rabten Palace, Mandelung, Bumthang
|Burial||Cremated at Kurjey Lhakhang|
|Spouse||1st consort-Phuntsho Choden
2nd consort-Pema Dechen
|Issue||King Jigme Dorji Wangchuck
Prince Namgyal Wangchuck
Princess Choki Ongmo Wangchuck
Princess Deki Yangzom Wangchuck
Princess Pema Choden Wangchuck
|House||House of Wangchuck|
|Mother||Tsundue Pema Lhamo|
Jigme Wangchuck (Dzongkha: འཇིགས་མེད་དབང་ཕྱུག, Wylie: 'jigs med dbang phyug; 1905 – 30 March 1952) was the Druk Gyalpo or king of Bhutan from 21 August 1926, until his death. He was the eldest son of King Ugyen Wangchuck and was educated in English, Hindi and Buddhist literature.
|Kings of the House of Wangchuck|
|Jigme Khesar Namgyel
Under his reign, Bhutan continued to maintain almost complete isolation from the outside world, maintaining only limited relations with the British Raj in India. He was succeeded by his son, Jigme Dorji Wangchuck.
HM The Second King, Jigme Wangchuck, has 5 children:
- The Third King Jigme Dorji Wangchuck (by his first wife).
- Prince (Druk Gyalsey) Namgyal Wangchuck (by his second wife).
- Princess (Druk Gyalsem) Choki Ongmo Wangchuck (by his second wife).
- Princess (Druk Gyalsem) Deki Yangzom Wangchuck (by his second wife).
- Princess (Druk Gyalsem) Pema Choden Wangchuck (by his second wife).
Princess (Druk Gyalsem) Choki Ongmo Wangchuck has two daughters, Ashi Deki Choden and Ashi Sonam Yulgyal.
Princess (Druk Gyalsem) Deki Yangzom Wangchuck has five children; Ashi Lhazen Nizal Rica, Dasho Jigme Namgyal, Dasho Wangchuck Dorji Namgyal, Ashi Yiwang Pindarica and Ashi Namzay Kumutha.
Princess (Druk Gyalsem) Pema Choden Wangchuck has four children; Ashi Namden, Dasho Namgyal Dawa (Tulku Namgyal Rimpoche), Dasho Wangchen Dawa (Kathok Situ Rinpoche) and Dasho Leon Rabten.
- British Raj :
- United Kingdom :
|Ancestors of Jigme Wangchuck|
- Royal Ark
- WANGCHUCK DYNASTY. 100 Years of Enlightened Monarchy in Bhutan. Lham Dorji
- "Central Chancery of the Orders of Knighthood" (PDF). 33256. London Gazette. 1927-03-11: 1601. Retrieved 2011-08-11.
- London Gazette, 3 June 1930
Jigme WangchuckBorn: 1905/1906 Died: 30 March 1952
|King of Bhutan
Jigme Dorji Wangchuck
|This Bhutanese biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biography of a member of an Asian royal house is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|