This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Jill Pauline Ryder|
29 June 1935
Liverpool, Lancashire, England
|Education||Homerton College, Cambridge|
|Occupation||Author, editor, speaker|
|Employer||Just Between Us|
|Board member of||
Jill Briscoe (born 29 June 1935) is a British American author, editor, and speaker. She has written or co-written over 40 books and serves as the founder and Executive Editor of Just Between Us magazine. She is a former member of the boards of directors of World Relief and Christianity Today.
Early life and education
Jill Pauline (née Ryder) Briscoe was born on 29 June 1935 in Liverpool, Lancashire, England, the daughter of William "Bill" and Margaret "Peggy" Ryder. She attended Homerton College, Cambridge, graduating with a diploma to teach in the public school system.[when?][verification needed] Ryder married her husband and future writing and ministry partner, D. Stuart Briscoe, in 1958 in Liverpool.
Career and ministry
Briscoe came to the United States in 1970, when her husband was called to serve as the senior pastor of Elmbrook Church, in Brookfield, Wisconsin. There she served as a member of the laity and established a youth ministry called the God Squad, while also taking the lead in the development of Elmbrook's women's ministry. She began to speak extensively all over North America.
Speaking and writing
In 2000, after her husband stepped down from his pastorate, she and her husband began serving as ministers-at-large of Elmbrook Church, allowing them to travel around the world teaching pastors, missionaries, and church leaders.[self-published source?] Briscoe has written or co-written over 40 books, ranging in genre and subject matter from scriptural studies and devotionals to poetry and children's books. She serves as a member of the teaching staff of Telling the Truth Ministries, a worldwide media ministry founded by her husband. She is the founder and executive editor of Just Between Us, a Christian women's lifestyle magazine that serves women involved in church ministry. She is a former member of the boards of directors of World Relief and Christianity Today, having served in that capacity for over 20 years.
- Briscoe, D. Stuart & Briscoe, Jill (2006). Married for Life: Growing Together Through the Differences and Surprises of Life. Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity Press. ISBN 9780830857005. Retrieved March 18, 2017.
References and notes
- Briscoe and Briscoe, p. 238.
- Briscoe and Briscoe, p. 12.
- Briscoe and Briscoe, p. 3.
- Leadership Staff & Briscoe, Jill (1996). "Keeping the Adventure in Ministry: An interview with Jill Briscoe" (interview). Leadership Journal. Carol Stream, IL: Christianity Today, Inc. (Summer). Retrieved 18 March 2017. (Registration required (. ))
- Elmwood Staff (2013). "Who We Are: History". Elmbrook.org. Archived from the original on 11 September 2013. Retrieved 18 March 2017.
- Briscoe, Jill (2007). "Authors, Author Detail: Jill Briscoe". Zondervan.com. Archived from the original (publisher autobiography) on 12 October 2007. Retrieved 19 March 2017.[self-published source?]
- "About Stuart, Jill, and Pete Briscoe". tellingthetruth.org. Retrieved 19 March 2017.
- Briscoe, Jill (2017). "Christian Faith". JustBetweenUs.org. Retrieved 19 March 2017.
- Heinen, Tom (2 March 2008). "Faith Put Into Action". Journal Sentinel. Milwaukee, WI. Archived from the original on 25 August 2010. Retrieved 18 March 2017.
[Quote:] Not bad for an Oconomowoc couple with three children and 13 grandchildren.
- Briscoe, Jill (2008) . There's a Snake in My Garden: Her Spiritual Autobiography. Oxford, UK and Grand Rapids, MI: Monarch Books. ISBN 9781854248398. Retrieved March 18, 2017.