Jill Duggar Dillard
This article's tone or style may not reflect the encyclopedic tone used on Wikipedia. (October 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Jill Michelle Duggar|
May 17, 1991
Tontitown, Arkansas, U.S.
Derick Dillard (m. 2014)
Jim Bob Duggar |
Michelle Duggar (Ruark)
|Relatives||18 siblings including Josh Duggar, Jinger Vuolo, Joy-Anna Forsyth and Jessa Seewald|
Jill Michelle Dillard (née Duggar; born May 17, 1991) is an American television personality. She is known for her appearances on TLC as part of the reality television shows 19 Kids and Counting (2008–2015) and Counting On (2015–2017).
Dillard co-wrote the book Growing Up Duggar, published by Howard Books with her sisters Jana, Jessa, and Jinger. It was released on March 4, 2014. The book shares an inside look at what being a Duggar child is like as they talk about their parents' faith and perspectives on life.
Certified Professional Midwife (CPM)
On September 15, 2015, Dillard officially became a Certified Professional Midwife (CPM) after several years of study and professional apprenticeship.
Derick is a graduate of Oklahoma State University–Stillwater where he was the mascot Pistol Pete (Oklahoma State University). He graduated with a degree in accounting and worked as a Walmart tax accountant until June 2015.
On August 20, 2014, Dillard announced that she was pregnant with the couple’s first child, a boy, whose due date was March 24, 2015. On April 6, after 70 hours of labor, the couple welcomed their son, Israel David Dillard by emergency c-section.
In June 2015 on The Kelly File, Dillard identified herself as one of the girls who her oldest brother Joshua Duggar had molested as a teen. Dillard reported the abuse consisted of inappropriate touching while she was asleep, saying she did not know it had occurred until her brother confessed to her parents, and her parents then told her what had occurred. Dillard stated on The Kelly File that the release of the police reports was a "revictimization", and she expressed concern that the police reports detailing her abuse being made public might discourage other families experiencing abuse from seeking help.
- The Duggar Family. "Family Scrapbook - The Girls". The Duggar Family.
- The Duggar Family. "Duggar Family - Encyclopedia of Arkansas". The Encyclopedia of Arkansas History & Culture.
- Pierce, Susan (March 17, 2014). "In new book, Duggar daughters discuss boys, dating rules and growing up Duggar". Chattanooga Times Free Press.
- "Jill Duggar-Dillard is now a midwife! Husband Derick proudly shares the news". Christian Post. Retrieved 2016-03-05.
- Keys, Elizabeth (October 13, 2014). "Ex-Oklahoma State University mascot gets his girl". The Washington Times.
- Steiner, Amanda Michelle (April 7, 2015). "Jill (Duggar) Dillard and Husband Derick Welcome First Child". People.
- "Derick and Jill Dillard say they're still in Central America, ask for prayers for their 'physical safety and spiritual protection' | Christian News on Christian Today". www.christiantoday.com. Retrieved 2016-03-05.
- "Jill (Duggar) Dillard and Husband Derick Announce They Are Leaving for a Mission: We Don't Expect This to Be Easy". PEOPLE.com. Retrieved 2016-03-05.
- FoxNews.com (June 5, 2015). "Exclusive: Duggar sisters want to 'set the record straight'". Fox News Channel.
- Keating, Caitlin (June 3, 2015). "Jill Dillard Speaks Out: Jessa and I 'Are Victims' of Molestation". People.
- Ohlheiser, Abby (June 4, 2015). "Josh Duggar molested four of his sisters and a babysitter, parents tell Fox News". The Washington Post.