Jill Pitkeathley, Baroness Pitkeathley
She worked in the voluntary sector, as chief executive of Carers National Association (now renamed Carers UK) for which she was awarded an OBE in the 1993 Birthday Honours. Mrs Pitkeathley was created a life peer as Baroness Pitkeathley, of Caversham in the Royal County of Berkshire on 6 October 1997. Since 1998 she has been chair of one of the lottery distributors, the New Opportunities Fund. In 2004, she was appointed chair of the Children and Family Court Advisory and Support Service (CAFCASS). Lady Pitkeathley also chaired the Office for Civil Society Advisory Body until its abolition in March 2011.
- Holman, Bob (1996). The Corporate Parent. London: NISM. p. 109. ISBN 1 899942 09 2.
- "No. 53332". The London Gazette (Supplement). 12 June 1993. p. 12.
- "No. 54915". The London Gazette. 9 October 1997. p. 11391.
- About CAFCASS
- "Third Sector Advisory Body". Cabinet Office. The National Archives. 3 April 2009. Archived from the original on 7 April 2010. Retrieved 29 April 2012.
- About acevo
- "Baroness Pitkeathley | Cumberland Lodge". www.cumberlandlodge.ac.uk. Retrieved 2017-03-28.
|This article related to women's history is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biography of a life peer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|