Townsend in 1967.
January 25, 1945 |
Santa Monica, California, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Nicol Williamson (1971–1977)
Life and career
She was married to actor Nicol Williamson between 1971 and 1977. Her son Luke was born in 1973, but in 1976 she and Nicol Williamson parted temporarily, after Townsend began a relationship with Alan Price, her co-star in Alfie Darling.
Townsend ended her acting career in 1985. She studied at the London School of Journalism and worked as a journalist for the Daily Mail, contributing a page for the financial section. She moved back to the United States in 1989.
She worked as a council trainer and facilitator at Crossroads School, Santa Monica, California and several others schools from 1989 to 1995.
She has been Director of Leadership Directories, Inc. since 1993.
She is currently married to Bob Sorel.
- 1967: The Spirit Is Willing as Jenny / Priscilla Weems / Carol Weems
- 1972: Sitting Target as Maureen
- 1975: Alfie Darling as Abby Summers
- 1976: The Seven-Per-Cent Solution as Mrs. Holmes
- 1980: The Awakening as Anne Corbeck
- 1966 The Girl from U.N.C.L.E.: Sherilee
- 1967 Ironside: Betty
- 1967 Cimarron Strip: Dulcey Coopersmith
- 1968 The Wild Wild West: Sylvia Nolan
- 1969 The Virginian: Roseanna
- 1969 Bonanza: Abigail Hought
- 1970 Family Affair: Annie Williams
- 1972 The Golden Bowl: Maggie Verver
- 1972 The Protectors: Monica Davies
- 1975 The Sweeney: Jenny Peters
- 1975 Poldark: Elizabeth Chynoweth
- 1977 Space: 1999: Sahala
- 1985 Scarecrow and Mrs. King
- "Robert Townsend, 77, Dies - Wrote 'Up the Organization' - NYTimes.com". nytimes.com. January 14, 1998. Retrieved January 18, 2015.
- People, April 5, 1976, Vol. 5, No. 13 Who's Afraid of Nicol Williamson? Everyone but His Spouse, Jill Townsend
- New York Magazine, dated June 14, 1976, p. 61, No Split Seen for Williamsons Online
- Winston Graham, Memoirs of a Private Man (Pan Macmillan, 2003). Accessed 7 January 2015
- "Jill Townsend-Sorel". councilofgrandmothers-ojai.org. Retrieved January 18, 2015.
|This article about a United States film and television actor or actress born in the 1940s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|