Jill Wagner in Hollywood, California on November 10, 2012
|Born||Jill Suzanne Wagner
January 13, 1979
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
Jill Suzanne Wagner (born January 13, 1979) is an American television actress, model, and game show personality. She was a co-host for the ABC comic competition show Wipeout from 2008 to 2014.
Wagner was born in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. She was raised primarily by her father, David Wagner, a U.S. Marine, and her grandmother. She attended Ledford Senior High School in Wallburg, North Carolina and North Carolina State University. She graduated in 2001 with a bachelor's degree in business management. She currently lives in Los Angeles, California. As a teenager, Jill also graduated from the Barbizon Modeling and Acting School in Raleigh and went on to be named Miss Barbizon.
Wagner was featured as the Ford Motor Company's Mercury brand spokesmodel in television ads from 2005 to 2011, and soon became known as "The Mercury Girl". In 2006, she co-starred in the Spike TV television series Blade: The Series as Krista Starr. She is a co-host of Inside the Vault on WGN America. Wagner has also had guest roles on a variety of television series including Quintuplets and Bones. Her theatrical film roles include an appearance in JuneBug, and a co-lead role in the horror film Splinter in 2008.
In January 2007, Wagner stated that she had been interviewed about the possibility of portraying Wonder Woman in the upcoming movie version, saying, "I met with the guys over at Silver pictures about some things and Wonder Woman was one of them."
In March 2008, it was announced Wagner would be the co-host for the ABC summer reality series Wipeout which premiered June 24, 2008. In April 2011 Wagner announced that she was leaving Wipeout after four seasons to focus on her career; she was succeeded by Vanessa Minnillo for the series' fifth season. In late August 2012, it was announced that Wagner would return to co-host Wipeout for its sixth season, a role she continued throughout the rest of the series' run.
In June 2011, Wagner appeared on the new show Teen Wolf, airing on MTV. In 2013, Wagner appeared on Rhett and Link's third episode of their YouTube series The Mythical Show; this was in response to an episode of their talk show Good Mythical Morning, where they mentioned they had gone to college with a girl who had caught their interest, but never had the courage to talk to, who was revealed to be Jill Wagner. As of 2016, Wagner has hosted Handcrafted America on The Inspiration Network.
|2003||Punk'd||Field Agent||6 episodes|
|2004||Monk||Crystal Smith||Episode: "Mr. Monk and the Employee of the Month"|
|2004||Dr. Vegas||Roxanne||Episodes: "Dead Man, Live Bet", "All In"|
|2004||Quintuplets||Cammie||Episode: "Thanksgiving Day Charade"|
|2006||Blade: The Series||Krista Starr||Main role, 12 episodes|
|2007–2008||Stargate Atlantis||Larrin||Episodes: "Travelers", "Be All My Sins Remember'd"|
|2008||Bones||Holly Markwell||Episode: "The Man in the Outhouse"|
|2008–2011, 2013–2014||Wipeout||Herself||Co-host (seasons 1–4, 6–7), 64 episodes|
|2009||Dancing with the Stars||Herself||Episode: "Round Ten: Final Results"|
|2011||Inside the Vault||Herself||Co-host, 10 episodes|
|2011–2014||Teen Wolf||Kate Argent||Recurring role, 18 episodes|
|2013||Road to Paloma||Sandy||Film|
|2015||Autumn Dreams||Annie||Television movie|
|2016||Christmas Cookies||Hannah Harper||Television movie|
- Lopez, Robert (September 11, 2009). "'Wipeout' co-host Jill Wagner likes going full steam ahead". News and Record. Greensboro, NC. Retrieved September 17, 2009.
- "Jill Wagner". FHM. Retrieved June 28, 2009.[dead link]
- "Jill Wagner". ABC.[dead link]
- "Barbizon Modeling and Acting School Alumni". barbizonmodeling.com.
- "FreeJose.com". Maxim Magazine Hot 100 Women of 2004. Archived from the original on May 12, 2009. Retrieved January 23, 2007.
- Flynn, Gillian (July 19, 2006). "Blade: The Series". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved January 14, 2017.
- Anderson, John (October 24, 2008). "Review: 'Splinter'". Variety. Retrieved January 14, 2017.
- "Interview with Jill Wagner, Blade the Series". flickdirect.com. September 20, 2006. Retrieved January 14, 2017.
- "ABC Announces Its Summer Schedule with the Premiere of Eight Original Series" (Press release). ABC. March 31, 2008. Retrieved January 14, 2017 – via The Futon Critic.
- Hibbard, James (April 12, 2011). "'Wipeout' host leaving show". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved January 14, 2017.
- Hibbard, James (June 16, 2011). "'Wipeout' renewed for fifth season". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved January 14, 2017.
ABC announced that Wipeout is coming back for a fifth season, but with a twist — Vanessa Minnillo will be the new co-host, replacing Jill Wagner.
- Andreeva, Nellie (August 29, 2012). "ABC Picks Up 'Wipeout' For a Sixth Season, Jill Wagner To Return As Co-Host". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved January 14, 2017.
- The Mythical Show Episode 3 Archived December 2, 2016, at the Wayback Machine.
- Kit, Borys (December 17, 2015). "Stephen Lang Joins Jason Momoa in Action Movie 'Braven' (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved January 14, 2017.