Jillian: Namamasko Po
|Jillian: Namamasko Po!|
Logo of Jillian: Namamasko Po
|Opening theme||"Kumukutikutitap" by Jillian Ward|
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|Original language(s)||Filipino, Tagalog, English|
|No. of episodes||40|
|Executive producer(s)||Wilma Galvante|
|Producer(s)||GMA Entertainment TV Group|
|Location(s)||Metro Manila, Philippines|
|Camera setup||Multiple-camera setup|
|Running time||30-45 minutes|
|Original network||GMA Network|
|Picture format||480i NTSC|
|Original release||November 29, 2010– January 21, 2011|
|Related shows||Sana Ngayong Pasko
Puso ng Pasko: Artista Challenge
Jillian: Namamasko Po! (International: Jillian, The Christmas Doll) is a Philippine Comedy/drama/fantasy series produced by GMA Network. It stars Jillian Ward, Claudine Barreto, Wendell Ramos, and Michael V. Since the show was the 2010 Christmas special, it was originally only supposed to last until January 7, 2011 but was moved until January 21, 2011. It premiered on November 29, 2010. The show is broadcast internationally through GMA Pinoy TV and premiered two days later, December 1, 2010, from the original airdate. Starting January 13, 2011 until the show's end, the show was simply renamed Jillian due to the Christmas season being over. The show was extended for two weeks until January 21, 2011 for reasons that involve the plot (it has not received a resolution on-air) and to high ratings. Starting November 25, 2015 it currently re-airs on GMA Life TV worldwide.
Jillian: Namamasko Po! tells the delightful story of Jillian (Jillian Ward), the magical doll and assistant of Santa Claus (Michael V) who accidentally falls into the hands of a sick girl named Dolly (Daniella Amable), daughter of couple Lynette (Claudine Barretto) and Nelson (Wendell Ramos).
Later on, Dolly discovers that Jillian is a unique doll that can talk, sing, and dance, among a lot of other things! Dolly believes that Santa Claus granted her two wishes through Jillian — to have a sister and a gift this Christmas. At first, magical Jillian becomes annoyed with Dolly and her loving family, but she eventually enjoys their company.
One night before going to bed, the sick child asks Jillian to promise to take care of her parents. Without any question, Jillian agrees. The following day, Dolly passes away. Lynette and Nelson gradually grow apart due to the pain of losing their daughter.
Cast and characters
- Jillian Ward as Jillian, a doll first received by Dolly, a little girl who has cancer and is about to die. She wanted to be a real girl. She transforms into a child when she healed Joyce and get her blood which proves that Jillian is a real child now.
- Claudine Barretto as Lynette "Lynn" Rivera — Dolly's mother and she will be the mother of Jillian, as Jillian promised to Dolly.
- Wendell Ramos as Nelson Rivera — Dolly's father. He will be the father of Jillian. Jillian promised Dolly that she will take care of her parents when she was gone.
- Jillian Ward as Jillian the Doll
- Claudine Barretto as Lynette Rivera
- Michael V. as Santa Claus/Sir Nick
- Wendell Ramos as Nelson Rivera
- Daniella Amable as Dolly Rivera
- Marian Rivera as Odessa Fuentes, a mean lady. Jillian helped her realized not to be mean to children.
- Yul Servo as Roberto - Odessa's friend.
- Sherilyn Reyes as Donya Carmen
- Chinggoy Alonzo as Don Victor
- Diva Montelaba as Sarah
- Carla Abellana as Joyce - A poor girl who will be married soon, but she works hard for her family because her family needed money.
- Princess Snell as Maya - Joyce's younger sister who got pregnant.
- Gabby Eigenmann as Andre - Joyce's brother.
- Danica Robles as Meding - Joyce's mother.
- Sunshine Garcia as Andre's wife
- Paulo Avelino as James - Joyce's boyfriend.
- Enzo Pineda as Ace - Maya's classmate and the father of Maya's baby.
- Dennis Trillo as Danny - A policeman who inadvertently puts his family in danger because of his work.
- Jennylyn Mercado as Cecile - Danny's wife
- Tirso Cruz III as Chief R.
- Yogo Singh as Habagat - Danny and Cecile's son who runs away because he thought his father didn't love him
- Ryan Eigenmann as Rico
- Arthur Solinap as Himself
- Christopher de Leon as Dante Molina - A father who was sent to prison for several years. He came home to a cold reception from his elder children but in the end; with Jillian's help they realized how they love their father.
- Sam Pinto as Lissa Molina - Dante's eldest child who is soon to be married but does not want him involved in her wedding and wishes him out of their lives.
- Mark Herras as Bart Molina - Dante's hard-headed troublesome son who is involved in shady activities.
- Barbie Forteza as Maggie Molina - Dante's youngest child and the only one happy to see him, Maggie was only a baby when Dante was imprisoned. Wanting to get to know their father, she forces her elder siblings to accept him.
- Eddie Garcia as Zaldy - Nelson's father.
- Luz Valdez as Virgie - Wife of Zaldy.
- Neil Coleta as Junior - son of Virgie and Zaldy.
- Bernadette Allison as Minnie - the daughter
- Ian Veneracion as Migs
- Maureen Larrazabal as Lizzie - fitness instructor
- Ynna Asistio as Jenny
- Buboy Villar
- Nova Villa as Lola Claus
- Diana Zubiri as Francine - Nelson's new girlfriend
- Grecila Rosales as Kate - one of Lynette's friend
- Chynna Ortaleza as Mavic
- Kiko Rustia as Noel
- Diego Llorico - Francine's friend
After 2009's successful Sana Ngayong Pasko (GMA's holiday primetime special for that year), GMA Entertainment for Television decided to make another holiday-television family melodrama starring Jillian Ward and Claudine Barretto. This would be Claudine Barretto's second television drama for GMA Network.
GMA Christmaserye 2011
After having two successful Christmaseryes, GMA Network decided that there would not be a Christmaserye for 2011 because of the extensions of Munting Heredera and Amaya and the premiere of Survivor Philippines: Doubles Celebrity Showdown. With Iglot and Time of My Life's timeslots vacated, it is yet unknown if the network executives changed their minds, mostly in an effort to displace rival Christmas shows.