Camarena-Williams at the 2012 World Indoor Championships in Istanbul.
March 2, 1982 |
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Weight||113 kg (249 lb)|
|Updated on 6 August 2012.|
Jillian Mary "Jill" Camarena-Williams (born 2 March 1982) is a retired American track and field athlete who competes in the shot put. She competed at the 2012 and 2008 Beijing Olympics and has represented the United States both indoor and outdoors at World Championship-level.
She took back-to-back titles in the shot put at the Pan American Junior Championships in 1999 and 2001. Domestically, she is a two-time USA Outdoor Champion in the shot put, having won in 2006 and 2010. Camarena-Williams set an American indoor record in the shot put to win at the 2011 USA Indoor Track and Field Championships, recording a mark of 19.87 meters to improve upon Ramona Pagel's record which had stood since 1987.
Born in Woodland, California, she is listed at 5 foot 10 inches tall and 250 lbs. She did her undergraduate work at Stanford University and graduate studies at Brigham Young University. She is a Latter-day Saint. Camarena-Williams married her physiotherapist, Dustin Williams, in 2010. On July 29, 2016 - Camarena-Williams announced the four city team challenge at Track Town, USA in Eugene, Oregon on ESPN was her final competition. 
In October 2013, Camarena-Williams was hit with a six-month suspension from the US Anti-Doping Agency after testing positive for clomiphene. The substance was discovered in an out-of-competition test conducted on July 1. The punishment was implemented retrospectively, meaning she was cleared to compete again on January 1, 2014.
|1999||Pan American Junior Championships||Tampa, United States||1st||Shot put|
|2001||Pan American Junior Championships||Santa Fe, Argentina||1st||Shot put|
|2006||World Indoor Championships||Moscow, Russia||7th||Shot put|
|World Cup||Athens, Greece||6th||Shot put|
|2007||World Championships||Osaka, Japan||10th (qualifiers)||Shot put|
|2008||World Indoor Championships||Valencia, Spain||14th (qualifiers)||Shot put|
|Olympic Games||Beijing, China||12th||Shot put|
|2009||World Championships||Berlin, Germany||12th (qualifiers)||Shot put|
|2010||World Indoor Championships||Doha, Qatar||6th||Shot put|
|2011||World Championships||Daegu, South Korea||3rd||Shot put|
|2012||World Indoor Championships||Istanbul, Turkey||4th||Shot put|
|Olympic Games||London, United Kingdom||16th (qualifiers)||Shot put|
|2015||Pan American Games||Toronto, Canada||2nd||Shot put|
|NACAC Championships||San Jose, Costa Rica||1st||Shot put|
- Pan American Junior Championships. GBR Athletics. Retrieved on 2011-03-01.
- Jillian Camarena
- Lee, Kirby (2011-02-28). National records for Camarena-Williams and Suhr top seven world leads in Albuquerque – USA indoor champs WRAP. IAAF. Retrieved on 2011-03-01.
- "All the way back and on to Beijing", Church News, August 2, 2008.
- Continental Cup Biographical Summaries – Camarena-Williams, Jill. IAAF. Retrieved on 2011-03-01.
- "Interview with ESPN announcing her last competition". ESPN. July 29, 2016. Retrieved November 9, 2016.
- Jilly_Willy24 (July 30, 2016). "Jillian confirming her announcement after the interview with ESPN announcing her last competition" (Tweet). Retrieved November 9, 2016 – via Twitter.
- USADA suspends shot putter Jillian Camarena-Williams 6 months for positive test. Washington Post. Retrieved on 2013-10-05.